Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Brakes For My Vs Ute

Big Dazza91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Hey Guys. I am in need of some completely new brake systems for my ute due to the fact of my very large line locky which fried my rear brakes :( , so now i am in the market for some new rotors and calipers. I have heard that i shoud get some dba slotted rotors and use my old calipers with some (green stuff?) brake pads. Any ideas would be usefull thanks.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
are the rotors all warped or have they got cracks as well?

if its only warped, you could get them machined, depends how much wear they already have i guess.

why do you want new calipers as well?

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Is it just rears you're after? Pads, we've got QFM HPX (Bendix Ultimate equivalent) on the shelf for $79, or $119 for A1RM (Ferodo DS2500 equivalent).

Clicky -> http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/gsl-rallysport/59204-qfm-brake-pads.html

Rear rotors need to know if your rotors are a 5 or 10 hole pattern. To change to a different caliper is both expensive and time consuming. Your rear pads are the same as BA XR6 Turbo and XR8, so I'd just keep the calipers you've got!

Regards,
Greg

Big Dazza91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
yer thanks. And well i havent taken them off yet to have a look so i think i might have toio now. thanks

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
so, you fried your rear doin burnouts im guessin, so your rears are too good at the mom then, so you need weaker rear brakes? But if upgrade is what ur after, then rda slooted, with ebc green stuff pads, and maybee think about front pads too, which ya could go rda slotted get the vt ones with the adaptor rings, and then vt calipers, and a 1" mater cyl, and itll stop like no tomorrow

Big Dazza91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Yer thanks for the advice and yer i am pretty sure about the slotted brakes and i am just going to get my engine to have enough power that i dont need the brakes (lol)