Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New car or keep existing one?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo GXP
Only reason to ever need a new car is if the old ones falling a part or you've got a bigger family now.

Depends if you really want a new car or not?

Griz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7L
Ditto the comments so far. On the items needing repair, that's not much to be concerned about on what sounds like a well maintained car. Not sure why you need it on the dyno though, from what you've described?

When I was young I wasted all my money on cars. If I'd done then what I am doing now in investing in property, I would be much better set up for my future. Best advice I could provide would be to invest that sort of money.

Ultra tune have said because they are not the factory wheels, the speedo is not tuned to them. The digital speedo & dash speedo can show a 10kmh difference & I do not know which one is right. Thanks guys you have given me a lot to think about. I guess knowing my car is problem free vs unknown problems with a used one would be reason enough there. I will think it over thoroughly before making a decision.

Cheers.

NZ-GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SSV Blown 373KW ATW
Can always use your phones gps to see how accurate your speedo is. Heaps of free apps that do accurate speed readings. If its not out very far or if in deed you know how far out it is, you probably wont need to have it dyno'd

R

Risky

A brand new one will set you back $45K+ easy (depending on trim level) & as soon as it's driven off the forecourt, you've just lost cash (unless you can get a great deal).

You could go down this avenue.... Spend the cash, get if fixed, sell it (or trade it) & spend the cash on a newer 2nd hand one. VE's & VF's are rocking up on the 2nd hand scene so you might grab a good bargain.

Or,

Spend the cash, get if fixed & keep it if you like your SS. Invest your cash elsewhere.

Cars are like women, you need to spend money on them for the upkeep to keep them going (and happy). The happier the woman, the happier your life will be.

I bought a VY S Ute very cheap that had great mechanicals but the body was a bit rough due to years of use. I've sorted out the paint & bodywork and it looks fantastic. Was it worth the money in the end? Hell yes! After 2017 we wont see anymore Holdens locally manufactured & I wanted to own an icon.

Good luck with your decision.