Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New exhaust... Opinions please. :)

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
would be interested to know how easy it is to install and what kinda improvements you see

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
Sure mate, I will keep you informed. It should arrive and be installed next week.

HannibalK1ng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
yea would be good a video as well! good luck!

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
I will try and organise that too. I did always think that dual 2.25 into single 2.5 inch would be the optimum for a 175 Alloytec...

jaisvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SV6
Honestly, at $300 i wouldn't expect much performance out of it.
Will probably make a bit of noise tho being straight though mufflers, also might have a bit of drone on the high way.
I have fitted a similar exhaust to this to a mates vz, very easy to do (1 hour job)
It gave a sporty sound under hard acceleration, but that's about all it did.
Have noticed it gets quite hot at the bends too.

pk2k78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Important tip! Go to Super Cheap Auto and get yourself a tube of exhaust cement. Also get some new flange gaskets. Don't make the same mistake I did, get a good seal first go!

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
Honestly, at $300 i wouldn't expect much performance out of it.
Will probably make a bit of noise tho being straight though mufflers, also might have a bit of drone on the high way.
I have fitted a similar exhaust to this to a mates vz, very easy to do (1 hour job)
It gave a sporty sound under hard acceleration, but that's about all it did.
Have noticed it gets quite hot at the bends too.

I have the same sized system on my 175kw alloytec and its awsome not much performance but to get more kw's out of and exhaust you'll need to do alot more like intake, cams and tune but i find its a really good system, I only have the middle muffler on mine and i also have pacemaker headers, I dont get any drone on the highways and its nice and crackley too

Good buy mate:thumbsup:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The first thing I see wrong with it is that in the description they say the system utilises the X pipe design. No it doesn't. No where in that system is anything that remotely resembles an X pipe.

As FAT.36 says, it doesn't give any performance improvement. The reason is that it is restrictive. Twin 2 1/4" into single 2 1/2" doesn't work. Especially if you have extractors. The improvement in torque with extractors is totally lost in the system that is too small.

Most people have found that the alloytec loves to breathe, even a twin 2 1/2" is better than that system....IMO.

That's my 2 cents if it matters.

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
I think they have just cut and pasted a description from another item... I would think that anything larger than standard would be an improvement. Anyhoo, the proof is in the pudding.. Video and audio coming soon.