Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New HOLDEN 6.0L V8 from 1 Jan 2006!

vzss_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
awesome something to look frwrd to

vzss_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
SSZ-57L said:
Yeah you are right i spose :)
But i would be really pissed with holden if i got a standard vz ss then missed out on the ssz then the new 6.0L....

Like YEAH tell me about it absolutely fuming

C

crewiess

Yeah and also missed out on the deal with $4000 free fuel!!!!!

P

Prankster

what fuel consumption comes with this car?
i went to the motor show and saw a holden SS with 15L/100km

with the SSZ, how much better would it get then?
14L/100km then ... ?
:unsure:

BobT

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
From what I’ve read, the new engine is a compromise to meet emissions requirements. It’s a push rod 2 valves per cylinder engine designed for small trucks. What’s to get excited about. I have no doubt that it is reliable and would probably last forever but, in terms of technology, unfortunately Ford has the jump on the General.

S

stew7700

Yep they might also with their v8 being a quad cam 32 valve but having never driven one, is it any better on fuel or smoother or more powerful feeling than the gen 3? (and now the new 6l) From what ive heard it isn't... i say keep the pushrod v8 it works and it kicks some ass! :yeah:

Dave398

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute Nickel Silver
Yep they might also with their v8 being a quad cam 32 valve but having never driven one, is it any better on fuel or smoother or more powerful feeling than the gen 3? (and now the new 6l) From what ive heard it isn't... i say keep the pushrod v8 it works and it kicks some ass!

The GEN IV is a pushrod engine.

BobT

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
stew7700 said:
Yep they might also with their v8 being a quad cam 32 valve but having never driven one, is it any better on fuel or smoother or more powerful feeling than the gen 3? (and now the new 6l) From what ive heard it isn't... i say keep the pushrod v8 it works and it kicks some ass! :yeah:

I guess your are right. You don't get a V8 for the revs. You can get a hot 4 for that.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
stew7700 said:

I haven't driven one either but my friends a cop and has driven both, I don't think he would buy either since hes too sensible to spend the money on fuel but he does say the Ford sounds 100 times better. I think everyone knew that allready. The gen 3 is not famous for sounding good : )

BA XR8 under full power mp3 attached :)

Attachments

• xr8.zip
    181.3 KB · Views: 232