Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New key fob now car wont start

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
Got a replacement key fob from ebay so swapped over original key blade and circuit board to the new housing and now the car unlocks/locks but cant start the car.

It turns ignition on but the display says the immobilizer is still active so it wont let the car start, anyone come across this?

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Yep fell into the same trap i did when i swapped mine over :D There is a small transponder chip that sits at the top of the fob. It is black just like the rest of the key so hard to see but you'll need to swap that over as well to start your car.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
that was spot on, thanks heaps.

exmec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007ve omega sedan
your key will need to be re coded by a Holden dealer all details will need to be given such as security code you may also need to show registration papers and vin number to prove ownership (cheap is not always the best)

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
your key will need to be re coded by a Holden dealer all details will need to be given such as security code you may also need to show registration papers and vin number to prove ownership (cheap is not always the best)

This is incorrect in my experience.

Micaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
9/17 SSV Redline & 83 VH SS

Also not true on my account. Holden wanted an hour & $120 to do it. My local ultratune did it for $35 in 10 mins. Being a customer may have helped but don't always trust Holden for the best deal. I updated to a HSV flip key, had it cut then had to code it. Apparently you can recode up to 5 keys before having to reprogram the BCM

Last edited:

dan22

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 holden ve sidi series 2
Does anyone have photos of what this little piece looks like I'm having the same problem.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec

Attachments

• transponder.jpg
    transponder.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 56