Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Software Release

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Guys,

According to my Service Manager, there's a software release coming out some time in the next two to three weeks for the VE series. Upgrading is considered a warranty job.

One of the problems I've been told it fixes is the ESP flashing and dinging once at completely random times while driving. They also think the new software version will allow the Tech2 to program the colour of the full screen/instrument lights (SSV, Calais, Calais V, Statesman, Caprice, HSVs). So I'll be getting my Calais changed to the SSV colours :D

Cheers!

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
Awesum. I've seen that ESP problem occasionally .. hasn't done it for a while, but I have seen it occur.

Thanks for the tip .. I'm at just under 12,000kms at the moment, hopefully it'll be out by the time i hit 15,000 :)

eddieve06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
Does it on mine also.Hope it does fix it

indyblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V
Just wondered if anyone has had this fixed? I tried to get it fixed today, following Cousin Slow Poke's suggestion of Techline Reference is: Group 12 | TL1153 - 0701 in another thread, and they told me is was for VZ (which is mentioned in another thread) and is definitely not applicable for my car.

I told them that Suttons was applying that to the VE's even though it shows being for the VZ but they wouldn't listen, told me I didn't know what I was talking about!!

They were so rude, I'm considering writing to the dealership manager to complain about the way the service dept handles their customers, as this isn't the only time they've spoken to me like this. Last time I simply asked for a list of what they'd done and i got a big sigh and a roll of the eyes from them!

Indy

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Hmmm... Not cool.

Was definitely fixed on my VE Calais. I would ring Holden Customer Relations (as in head office, not any dealer).

indyblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V
Might just do that, once I've calmed down a bit :)

Which Suttons dealership did you go to when you got this fixed?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Homebush I think from memory...

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the software update for VE is new BCM software to fix the battery charging issue.
there is no way to change the illumination colors, the LED's are soldered in the dash.
The VZ update in the techline cannot be applied to the VE as it uses a completely different system.

The VE fix isnt specifically for the ESP issues, this is caused by the battery voltage being marginal at cranking load causing the EBCM to log a low battery fault.

Hope this clears it up a bit.

Rob

FPV 4 T

myspace.com/attakarrak
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2008 VE HSV Clubsport R8.
VE Clubsport R8 ESP Fault?

Guys,

According to my Service Manager, there's a software release coming out some time in the next two to three weeks for the VE series. Upgrading is considered a warranty job.

One of the problems I've been told it fixes is the ESP flashing and dinging once at completely random times while driving. They also think the new software version will allow the Tech2 to program the colour of the full screen/instrument lights (SSV, Calais, Calais V, Statesman, Caprice, HSVs). So I'll be getting my Calais changed to the SSV colours :D

Cheers!

Mate that exact thing happened to my VE HSV Clubsport R8 yesterday while I was just driving on a freeway and the esp button did not work until I turned off the car...
It says in the book that it is a fault and to take it back to you HSV dealer for repare so I did and all they told me was that it was a random glitch in the esp/esc system.

I would love to know more about the update and will it work for HSV's aswell.
I wouldnt mind being able to change the colour of my screen light too haha.:)

Cheers
Danny.