Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New SSV Redline Advice

frasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Sedan MY17 SOAG
Hi all,

I am a first time poster on this site and would appreciate some advice. I have recently ordered a new SSV Redline Sedan in Auto and am really excited for it to arrive. It's due for delivery in July, when I began searching for a vehicle I was set on a manual but was convinced the auto is a good buy because with the V8 power it will offer a good feel aswell. I did test drive both, but only went for a 10 minute spin in each so it wasn't a great amount of time to distinguish between the two. I see the benefits of an auto around town which is why I went for it, as well as the paddle shift offering me a kinda auto experience. I'm hoping people who have an auto with paddle shift can give me some feedback on their experience with the auto as I'm starting to second guess my decision. Also if people went from a manual like I did to the auto and are satisfied with the auto to drive?

If I do decide the manual will be a better choice I wonder if the dealer can update the build of the vehicle I have on order?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
You're the only one who can answer your question!

Manual cars are more involving, the driver gets more into the experience & gets more out of it.
Automatic cars these days are faster & use less fuel, and of course involve less effort in traffic.

It very much comes down to personal preference; and yeah, with fewer manuals being built you may find you can't change your order now anyhoo.

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
I wanted a manual until I drove the auto with the paddle shift. It's a very involving drive, especially through the mountains.

Chefie

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #1133 SOAG, Daily
I drove both cars and would have been happy with the Manual, i chose the Auto in a SOGG MSE due to city driving, the auto doesn't come close to the shifting in my AMG, but the overall experience was good and the Paddles were at least a bonus compared to a sports shift.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
cancel your order and get Japanese car....

frasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
I drove both cars and would have been happy with the Manual, i chose the Auto in a SOGG MSE due to city driving, the auto doesn't come close to the shifting in my AMG, but the overall experience was good and the Paddles were at least a bonus compared to a sports shift.

Thanks for the input Chefie! I have the SOGG on order, such a nice color. City driving is most of the reason behing my choice.

frasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
I wanted a manual until I drove the auto with the paddle shift. It's a very involving drive, especially through the mountains.

Cheers for the comment bradles! That's what I like to hear :) I think because this will be my everyday car the auto will serve me well. I do like the involvement of the manual I currently own but sometimes it's nice not having to shift gears. Also if the paddle shifters are good this will at least make it fun around the bends :D

Chefie

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #1133 SOAG, Daily
ancel your order and get Japanese car....
Got a 6 speed manual jap car, that does 64 sec around lakeside and usually referred to as a hairdressers car, :)

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
I purchased the auto as I have been over the clutch shudder, driveline shunt etc. of the manual cars. However once I had a calibration done on my S2 on the auto it is a real ripper! It changes gears faster and harder, particularly under hard acceleration. No manual can compete with that!

Chefie

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #1133 SOAG, Daily
I purchased the auto as I have been over the clutch shudder, driveline shunt etc. of the manual cars. However once I had a calibration done on my S2 on the auto it is a real ripper! It changes gears faster and harder, particularly under hard acceleration. No manual can compete with that!

Curious duaned, are you saying the auto is not "Calibrated" from factory ? please clarify what a calibration is on a auto supplied on a $70k car