Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new ssv redline sedans and motorsports

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
That looks horrible in my opinion! The red accents destroy it.
Interesting. I love the red highlights on nitrate and soag. Still undecided re the red on the heron though.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That looks horrible in my opinion! The red accents destroy it.
I think the red is tacky as Expletive, but the fact it's standard allows me to accept it & admire the cars.
:)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I think the red is tacky as Expletive, but the fact it's standard allows me to accept it & admire the cars.
:)
Fair enough. Spitfire doesn't get the red blingy bits, so I'm impartial. I think it's one of those things you have to see in real life to really appreciate. Not just in a picture. Like a nice set of t...Ahem, better not go there. You get my point.
I reckon in a year or two, some people will say, I hated it at first, but it's really grown on me.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Yeah I think $75k for a MSE at this point is pretty good, jump on it if you have the opportunity.
I know a dealer in adelaide has a soag MSE for 70k da, I think it's a manual

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Interesting. I love the red highlights on nitrate and soag. Still undecided re the red on the heron though.
It actually looks really good in real life

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
i agree things grow on you over time , i remember when the vl walkingshaw first came out, it was way out there with the body kit , press nick named it the plastic pig, when i first layed eyes on it i thought what a sh!!!t box.
now try and buy one , taste changes over time.

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
I know this was wishful thinking, but it would've been awesome for Holden to design and bring out new wheels for these limited edition models.... The Motorsport has SSVR wheels just with an added red lip. If I was going to throw down $75 on a Commodore, I would want it special and unique outside of a normal SSVR..

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I know this was wishful thinking, but it would've been awesome for Holden to design and bring out new wheels for these limited edition models.... The Motorsport has SSVR wheels just with an added red lip. If I was going to throw down $75 on a Commodore, I would want it special and unique outside of a normal SSVR..
The HF20s are an expensive option, they're not standard on the Redline. The MSE gets them standard as well as stuff like the engine cover and numerous other cool things, some taken from the Calais range like foot well lighting and dipping mirrors. The MSE is still a parts bin special, they were never going to do something new for it, they had very limited budget. They budget they had, they spent on the right things, like MRC which was calibrated specially for the limited edition models.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
The HF20s are an expensive option, they're not standard on the Redline. The MSE gets them standard as well as stuff like the engine cover and numerous other cool things, some taken from the Calais range like foot well lighting and dipping mirrors. The MSE is still a parts bin special, they were never going to do something new for it, they had very limited budget. They budget they had, they spent on the right things, like MRC which was calibrated specially for the limited edition models.
In fact they are a little more different than the Redline option HF20s because they have HOLDEN embossed in a spoke. In any case, I think they look good (but are a bugger to clean)

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Fair enough. Spitfire doesn't get the red blingy bits, so I'm impartial. I think it's one of those things you have to see in real life to really appreciate. Not just in a picture. Like a nice set of t...Ahem, better not go there. You get my point.
I reckon in a year or two, some people will say, I hated it at first, but it's really grown on me.
Like Spitfire itself! Many people who see it 'live' say the same.