Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New to the ranks...

Milquetoast

I'm gettin' it...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Hey hey...

Well, I am not new to the forum, but I am the owner of a new (second hand) VY exec! One more week before she is ready to be picked up!!! I still have my VR exec, which is cool, but not as cool as the VY...

I've just got a question about the suspension. We test drove the 's', and loved the sports suspension, but couldn't really see the difference in much else. Naturally, the one we test drove wasn't supercharged. When we were confronted with the VY option, we decided to get the sports suspension factory installed, plus an SS spoiler added. My question is... will the sports suspension bring the car down as much as the 's' and 'ss'? I am just curious as to whether or not further 'lowering' will be necessary, or if the sports suspension lowers it to a nice sleek level.

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it here. I am sure that someone will be able to answer your question (just not me)

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Since its the factory suspension option, then they'll more than likely put in FE2, which is the same as the S & SS.

If u want it on its guts, you'll still have to lower it further.
But the difference between standard and FE2 is noticable.

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
welcome Milquetoast....
We have a VX SS with FE2 suspension and it is noticeably lower than standard but we still want to lower it a little more...

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
Having driven both a VT1 with standard suspension and a VX1 S with FE2, stick with the FE2, it rides alot firmer and has a nice ride height without compromising the IRS. The only thing I have driven better than this setup is my Clubby R8.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yeah welcome Milquetoast!

Depends what you want really. To some people the FE2 is low enough. I wanted my SS a little lower, so went down another 1.5 inches. Now it looks schmiko without being decked too low... :coolpimp: