Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new user

redrags

Reaction score
Members Ride
walking
hi there new user,,, welcome

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Gday fellow bogan\hoon or whatever stereotype "respectable citizens" say us to be..
Show us your car? :D

88-vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve ss 6.0 6 speed auto
yeah thanks for the welcome guys. i cant seem to get my camera to work with this stupid computer so i will keep trying and i will get it. anyway i have a 88 vl 5 speed duel fuel blue uptop silver on the bottom looks to be calais or stato wheels but no idea. oh and it has either a blown head gasket or cracked head or both. but anyway easy fix. just wondering if anyone knows if i can use a 3.3 in the vl with all the fuel injected stuff or is the 3.3 to early of a model and will not run properly? just asking as this is my first commo and have no idea on these engines at all. cheers

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
Welcome to the forum 88-vl. There is plenty of information to be found on your car in the VL section.
The original engine in your car is an RB30 Nissan which has far more grunt than a 3.3L. Personally I would stick to repairing the engine you have now rather than trying to swap to a 3.3L. As you said it is an easy repair so why stuff around with another engine??

88-vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah thanks for the welcome. Do you or anybody know where to get a cheap head gasket from? Other than ebay that wanna charge around $200ish which i think is down right ridiculous.

88-vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah thanks for the welcome. Do you or anybody know where to get a cheap head gasket from? Other than ebay that wanna charge around $200ish which i think is down right ridiculous.

88-vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
nah $200 is just for the head gasket. so i think that is way to expensive