Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Wheels = Problem...Ideas

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If its got ABS you will see the ABS modulator system in front of the brake master cylinder.Some VS's didnt have ABS.Mine doesnt (thank god).

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Even so, ABS or no ABS,it shouldnt make any difference to which wheel will fit,they should both be the same as far as I know.Ive never heard of them being different.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I dont know,maybe they are different.Ive been looking at google about it but have found nothing yet.Someone on here would know for sure though.Which lip is it you mean exactly,can you mark it in the pic with paintshop or similar and repost it?

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
sounds to me like the edge of the hub is just peened over a bit and the alloy rim is a tighter fit than the steelie and hence wont go on...grab a flat file and run it over the lip to round it up and a bit of emery on the inside of the rim and retry it...i cant see how a disc is causing the prob when the disc only sits over the hub just like the rim does...the rim doesnt sit on the disc just butts up to it...

Locksmiff

Reaction score
You may have ot wiggle it on. The mags on my VT are wiggle on fit over the hub that protrudes throught the disc.

ETH4N

Project VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commo
hub.jpg

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
That part should all be the same size.I thought they were all like that.My VS has ones like that.Id like to see a photo of your other one,you say its different and doesnt have it..I know the disk can sieze on there as it just slides over that like the wheel.Maybe its a bit rusty and built up a bit. Although it doesnt look like it .The wheel should slide straight over it.Its got me stuffed mate.Hopefully someone can tell us all whats going on there with it.Cheers.