Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New XR8 vs VF SSV/Redline for price

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
oh yeah, they will sell heaps at that price. but ###c sitting in that 10 year old interior everyday
While I agree it's dated, it's only 6 years old :p

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Also, the pic posted of the interior is the Territory - Not the new FGX.

FGX is basically unchanged from FG2 - just has a a new button on the steering wheel and some trim highlights.

Jasminka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cerise Caprice
To set a few facts straight...

Yes they both have IRS rear ends. The Ford's CB IRS is not great. The diff bush issues alone are a deal breaker. Having the diff cradle ripped out every service is ridiculous. Up until 2012 (before the revised the design) the diff cradles also tore in half, even in stock cars. They tend to suffer from axle tramp (bit of a lottery), they don't like putting power down, there's no predictability in the rear end- when it goes, it goes quickly and without warning. Overall, not a nice setup. The AU's IRS was nicer, apparently the CB IRS concept was originally designed for front drive applications. VE/F's rear end is on another level.

Yes Control Blade was used on Mondeo/Fusion, and adapted for the Falcon, as the AU IRS was too expensive. Then Ford decided it was Control Blunder and trialled Integral Link IRS on the Mondeo. That impressed them enough to stick it in the new Mustang and Jaguar.
The Virtual Pivot front suspension on the Territory/Falcon, on the other hand is really good. So if Ford had persisted with the AU IRS until the BF, they might have had a great car.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
That new FG looks like what it is - an attempt by the Ford heavies saying "This is the end of the line, so lets not care too much about it. Just make it look a bit more like what else we have in the lineup, so that it feels like a smoother transition for that mob down under. Don't go to too much effort, and don't worry about the possibility of damaging any legacy…"

I'm no Ford person (bloody far from it), but it looks half arsed almost bordering on insulting. IMO, they should have left the exterior alone and spent any remaining money on interior.

It does make one appreciate the VF even more.

I'd be a little bit ticked off if I were a Ford die hard.

6LVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
They've already announced the Mustangs arrival in 2016.
And will be cheaper than equivalent falcon.
So no use flogging a dead horse,so to speak.

shaness8

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG F6 VX SS
The Ford supercharged 5lt donk not outdated like the Holden V8

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Meh I've never been one to worry about the interior.

The front of the falcon looks awesome to me. The rear is ok as well
Interior does look dated though. Like Comparing a VE with a VF.
For me the interior is important, I like the latest mod cons, I am sitting inside the car after all. (all relative- sitting inside a 1975 hj a different level of cool)
Hope the last falcon sells well, for the punters and to thumb the nose to the mob keen to see the end of aussie made cars.
Love live aussie made whatever breed.