Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Newbie with VZ ute

ozimax

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm ute
Greetings one and all in Commodore land. I have just joined the forum.

I have owned numerous Commodores and utes in the past, including a VY SS Crewman last year (which I sold for some much needed cash at the time). Two weeks ago I re-entered ute-ville and bought a nice clean VZ Storm ute, 3.6, 6spd manual, (pictured below). It is fairly much standard with the exception of some badges and, IMHO, a corny sounding exhaust.

I have done several longer runs over the past fortnight and am very happy to find the economy on the VZ as excellent. Yesterday I cruised from Canberra to the Central Coast, including Sydney traffic and got 7.4 l/100, sitting at 110 when possible. (I confirmed this manually at the fuel pump). I did a test last week and ran for a while at 90 KPH, and the trip computer stated it was then using 6.6 l/100, which in my book is very good. I would be interested to hear what others are getting from similar vehicles.

I plan to get some tinting, and a decent stereo HU so I don't get booked making phone calls.

Cheers!

Ozi.

Ute1b by Ozimax, on Flickr

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Looks good man, I've got the same wheels on my ute too, Chev badge needs to be ditched though. Those fuel figures are about what I've gotten with freeway driving too, nice to hear they're fairly accurate too.

ozimax

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm ute
Looks good man, I've got the same wheels on my ute too, Chev badge needs to be ditched though. Those fuel figures are about what I've gotten with freeway driving too, nice to hear they're fairly accurate too.

Yep, the Chev badged (front and back) are cheesy but they were on the thing when I bought it. It also has one of those dreadful twin- hotdog-exhaust setups which make it sound like a Mazda Capella with diarrhea. They have to go. Cheers.