Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Newer keys for my VP Berlina

CLE

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a '92 Berlina and I want to upgrade the keys I'm using. Currently I have the ignition key and remote (with lock/unlock and boot release features). I'm wanting to update this to the VR-VZ style (all in one key). Here is exactly what I want (second pic with 3 buttons): http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39382&item=7963820727&rd=1

Would it be possible for me to have one (or two) of these for my VP? I'm aware that it has to be professionally programmed etc.

Thanks.

DF_Media

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
I am guessing Body Control Module (BCM) ?

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
I have a VP that has a BCM and same remote setup. If it has the remote she states then I reckon it would have a BCM.
Sounds like it maybe a Berlina LX.

In an answer to your question CLE, I don't think its possible as the immobiliser is built into the individual key of the newer models whereas yours is the old 'press remote' system.

Cheers Paul.

CLE

Reaction score
While I've got this thread open, I may as well ask this related question:

One of my remotes is very worn and it looks like the front cover needs to be replaced. The two buttons which are made of some rubbery material are split and the red light is hard to see. Where can I find a new face for this?

MrBond-007

Reaction score
The Berlina LX & Calais had the BCMs.

I also believe they work in a slightly different way between the VP and VR/VS models, in that the VR/VS style one

Is the separate remote really that bad?

jdd

Reaction score
chevy_big_block_bro said:
is it possable to grab hold of one of these bcm's out of a Berlina LX and fit it in to a VN (by a sparky) or am i wasting my time
Anything is possible providing you have enough $$$ but why would you want to do that ? If it’s because of the remote central locking/immobiliser, then there’s plenty of better aftermarket kits that do this without the need for a BCM.

CLE

Reaction score
MrBond-007 said:
The Berlina LX & Calais had the BCMs.

I also believe they work in a slightly different way between the VP and VR/VS models, in that the VR/VS style one

Is the separate remote really that bad?

I'm presuming that you replying to my original post - I've given up on the idea.

Now I want to know where I can find a face for my remote key - the two buttons are split and look shithouse.