Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

next stage for vz ss

vs2DSIRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ss
so should i just buy one off ebay and get them to install it

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
what are they charging for install? what brand stall did they say?

vs2DSIRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ss
they didnt say witch brand 3200 rpm stall but the cost was 1080 for stall and about 600 to install and 50 for oils and filter .

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
go hi-torque gold coast hwy, will sort everything out and quote, very respected guys with commodores (have lots to look at while there) real good prices to,

jakstas

Auto Elec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 M6
I wouldnt purchase my own converter. Id get len from TCI (Contact Us: Torque Converter Industries - Torque Converter Hi stall Industrial & Heavy duty) to build me one to your car's exact specs. You will be asked for weight, tyre size, cam specs, diff gears, intake type, and contact details for your tuner, if your not doing it yourself, so your converter can be designed for your car.

If you dont do these things, your converter will not be as good as they can be. Your stall speed may not be exactly where you want it, your flash speed can hit the limiter, your stall can run hot, can fail prematurly, can sap high rpm power, can give poor fuel economy, can give poor 60ft times. A whole mirad of things can go bad.

There is more to chosing a converter than picking up a catalogue and saying "I want a 3000rpm stall".

That said, if you go to a reputable shop, like Hi Torque, they will take care of all of this for you. Including a warranty, which you wont get if you bring them your own parts.

Food for thought!

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
I got in touch with the guys from dominator convertors and explained my cam specs and diff ratio and what it was for along with possible near future mods and they spec'd a convertor and size that would suit.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
I couldn't stand what I got spec'd, 2800 - are you kidding! After I told them what it was planned for - 60ft is where it at

thinking of even going bigger once I sort out my next set of mods

vs2DSIRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ss
3000grand stall and stage 2 shift kit installed and service for 1730 . heap of fun to drive now very happy . next is cam upgrade

vs2DSIRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ss
just wondering if its normal when accelerating hard and shifting 1st into 2nd i here a screeching noise ????
this is after 3000 rpm stall converter and stage 2 shift kit and corvette servo been installed

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
no there shouldn't be anything like that at all.

Can you pinpoint it to the front/mid/rear of the car?
Did it happen the very first day the mods were installed or has it come eventually over the last 5 or so days