Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nissan rb25det engine conversion, into a vs commodore

jack251

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
im thinking about doing this, i read it in the current issue of street commodores, im just wondering if anyone knows anything on this topic? or would it just be easier to install a raptor blower and do some work to get the ecotec growling?

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
it would be easier, but nowhere near as cool!

if the vl crossmember bolts into the VS, then you're *laughing*.... should basically be a bolt in job. (with a custom crossmember & tailshaft, obviously).

Prepare to foot a large auto elec bill, if you can't do the wiring yourself.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vn-vp-vg-vq/47104-vn-luke-s-vn-12.html

Will be a similar operation to that...

depending on the power difference to holden's range of motors, if it's within 10% power to one of the engines offered on your VS, in Victoria, you won't even need an engineers certificate! (presuming that it DOES bolt in, meets the same emissions specs, and no chassis/engine modifications have been made)

There's another bloke that did an RB25DET NEO motor into a VN and was running 10's! - he popped up in the "My Ride" VN section a while ago, might be worthwile checking that out!

There's also another bloke on these forums that's doing an rb25 into a VG ute - he posted just recently with some wiring questions.

jack251

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
oh cheers mate, il look into that, but im also tossong up a conversion to a 2jz gte. il have a look around

AnthsVSLexcen

Reaction score
vl crossmember/k frame should bolt straight into a vs. only major prob is the wiring side. u will need a custom tailshaft and exhaust

VSIIISU

Reaction score
Website
tuxsavvy.vox.com
Members Ride
VS III S Yewt
The RB25DET conversion to VR-VS was documented in a zoom magazine. They codenamed the project: Killer Taxi. I do not know how many parts was that project split up to as I do not subscribe to that magazine. Thus this was from an old magazine :)

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
oh cheers mate, il look into that, but im also tossong up a conversion to a 2jz gte. il have a look around

If your chasing power then go the 2jz. They are a superior motor to the RB engines, don't get me wrong the RB's are great but the 2jz will go a lot further before you need to upgrade the bottom end and the likes. Having said that they are more expensive and not as easy to come by as RB's, if you want to go with a jz series go a 1jz same capacity as an RB25 and you can find one cheaper and easier than a 2jz. (but the rb25 has to be the best sounding 6 around:yeah:)

vyute02

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 3.8 ute
would it be possible to do the same conversion in a vy ute

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
would it be possible to do the same conversion in a vy ute

the motor can not be older then the car you are putting it in to ie you can not put a 89 engine in a 90 model car. if the engine came out in the same year or newer than its not a problem so you will need a neo engine or newer for the vy 03 - 04 year range i think the neo rb25 was about 97 98. correct me if im wrong. ohh and they must meat the vehicles emission standards. i put a rb25 non turbo in my old vl once and it passed with no issues it was under capacity so no engineer's cert was required , this was in NSW for blue slip

mattywarr

Reaction score
Members Ride
r33, vq stato
rb in VQ statesman

dose anyone know if the vl K frame will bolt into a VQ Statesman ??:hmmm: