Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nissan to join V8 supercars 2013

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
bring it on!! can't wait!!
bring back some competition let them all back in!!

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I was turned off as soon as they announced the car of the future program. It will probably be a GTR but like the FIA GT one which is v8 and RWD.

[YOUTUBE]ZY5UYMFJ-_g[/YOUTUBE]

Do the cars still have to be 4 doors though?

Spyda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Gen3
Don't see whats wrong with keeping it just Holden and Ford.
I know the Jap fan boys has flown off their tree about it, ohhh no its Gozjilllaaaaa.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
The thing they have to remember is that back in 1992 a R32 skyline, XF falcon and a VN commodore were two different beasts, Now the gap is probly pretty marginal. I say there will be some very close racing.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Do the cars still have to be 4 doors though?
Oh good point I forgot about that, I think with the new rules aka car of the future or whatever they call it, all the cars are identical underneath the shell so it really wouldn't make much difference 2 door or 4 door. I could be wrong though.

EDIT:

It is not yet known which Nissan model will be used in the V8 Supercars program, although the company confirmed today that it will use an "all-new" sedan model.

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
The thing they have to remember is that back in 1992 a R32 skyline, XF falcon and a VN commodore were two different beasts, Now the gap is probly pretty marginal. I say there will be some very close racing.

if they use a 92 r32 yeah it will be close, if they use a 92 r32 with a 2010 engine , ford and holden have no chance, unless the driver sucks

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Welcome back.

Times are changing, ohc smaller capacity IRS smaller costs.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No matter what Nissan bring, it will have to use a push rod V8 engine of 5 litre capacity, wheel base/track etc will have to match what the falcodores use as well (the reason the VE chassis is trimmed down to suit). It won't be nothing like the Grp A rules they raced in in the late 80's early 90's.

The current V8 supercars have absolutely nothing in common with the road going versions.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
No matter what Nissan bring, it will have to use a push rod V8 engine of 5 litre capacity, wheel base/track etc will have to match what the falcodores use as well (the reason the VE chassis is trimmed down to suit). It won't be nothing like the Grp A rules they raced in in the late 80's early 90's.

The current V8 supercars have absolutely nothing in common with the road going versions.

Car of the Future is even worse. Prebuilt chassis etc.