Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No-Doz Sucks!!

Doubleshadow

Too much is not enuff!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
ill add to shags idea there... that 20 mins is great. ive been known to steal 20 here or there to nap. Longer than 20 mins and you hit the deeper sleep and it makes you feel like crap when you come out of it.

As a matter of fact, Industrial psychologists are now recommending that US companies have a nap period into the work schedule. It was found, in research, after a 20 minute power nap, workers were refreshed, and their mind were better able to handle complex problems. It is like hitting the reset button in the brain. Clearer thinking workers, more quality productivity and higher qualitative output.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
they've been doing in Mexico forever haven't they? siesta or something.... i love the idea of it!

Doubleshadow

Too much is not enuff!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
they've been doing in Mexico forever haven't they? siesta or something.... i love the idea of it!

Ummm...this may sound a little prejudicial, but seeing I am black, I can get away with it :), but I don't think the Mexicans take 20-minute power naps. Instead they take about 3 hours off :yeah: By the time they come back to work, they have to kick start their brain. By the time their brain get into work mode, it is time to go home :D

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec

actually I think it's spain. some countries in Europe take long luches I second that. Got to town have a bottle of vino nice lunch have a chat check out the crowds then go back to work :D

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
cheers guys some valid points were definitely made.

i should point out that this is only the second time that i have pulled an all nighter for an assignment (other time was back in school). i the reason why it happened this time was because i had been working way to much and not paying enough attention to my studies.

with the easter break coming up, it will give me an opportunity to catch up and prioritize.

have a good easter everyone and stay safe, on the roads and with whatever you may be doing over the break.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i hear that crack or ice REALLY wakes you up, dunno for sure though not into that kind of stuff also i dont think you uni would accept that!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
After an extended period of time awake you will definately experience halucinations. People who take rhitalin etc to stay awake to cram or do assignments will be kept awake and will try to extend their persiod of being awake. I'll find you a case study on people who stay awake more than two days if you want? :)
sleep deprivation

ive had it before... i came home after a night out and i was postin on JC. i finally decided to go to bed when i thought i saw the keyboard doin weird stuff and making weird noises :(

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
cheers mate :D don't study too hard!

right about not sleeping longer than 20 minutes :) if you do you start to enter a deeper sleep and you feel like absolute crap when woken.

Unfortunately every morning my alarm goes off right when I am in the deepest part of the cycle... The part where you are awakened but paralysed for about 30 seconds before you can even move to shut off the alarm.

That occurs so that we don't act out our dreams :D could be dangerous!

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
actually I think it's spain. some countries in Europe take long luches I second that. Got to town have a bottle of vino nice lunch have a chat check out the crowds then go back to work :D

i think you may be right!!!

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Its not just in the US they use dexi's, that or speed is gonna keep you up and revving.