Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No VE wagon but ........???

mitchikins

Reaction score
Having read almost everything about the VE i have found out that there will be no wagon when it comes out late this year and have read that the VZ wagon will carry on in its stead. But why has no one thought, considering that almost everyone that talks about the new commodore says that it will be pretty much the same as the torana, that Holden is not producing a VE wagon because instead they r making a VE hatchback a-la mazda 6, vectra..... To me this makes sense as it keeps engineering to a minimum, is more versatile than regular sedan but looks pretty much identical, so keeping other costs down, and the fact that wagons arent that popular anymore. This also makes sense when you think about the torana, what possible reason would holden have for producing a concept sedan with a hatch other than to guage public opinion, they seem to have used the torana to guage public reaction to the shape and design and would have also put the hatch in there to see how people reacted.

Just an idea...

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
It's very doubtful that Holden will stop producing the wagon, although sales aren't huge, they still sell a fair few. The main reason for not bringin out the wagon at the same time as the new commodore, is because Holden's focusing the design team on the long wheel based models, which will be relaseased at the same time as the sedan. The ute and wagon, and I suppose the crewman and it's variants will continue for a while, but new ones will be coming. Don't forget the current ute wasn't released for a few years after the VT came out.

As for the hatch, other's have thought of this, especially seeing as the TT36 is the second hatch concept to be produced by Holden. Odds are good for a lighter, mid-sized hatch, shutting up all those who complain about Commodores bein too big and heavy.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
It's likely there'll be a hatch, two of the last Holden concept cars have been Hatches (SSX and TT36) although they do something for guaging public reaction to the looks/AWD, it would make sense to sell a locally produced mid-sized car, but in my mind it's doubtful because of all the money Holden's parents GM are losing (replaced the European Barina with a Daewoo ffs!)

Snap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Commodore
The ute is a real profit maker for Holden. They learnt in the past that not having one almost cost them the whole company.

The Statesman doesn't sell anywhere near the ute numbers. So wouldn't they want to release their biggest sellers first (ute and sedan) and then follow through with a LWB version (Stato/Caprice) that is based on the wagon platform?

Comments?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I think it will look like a TVR Cerbera :D
Did you guys see my excellent post about a possible hatchback before it got deleted by the man ? :)

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
The long wheel based models are massive exporters. Places like China and a lot of Middle Eastern countries love them, so to keep that mob happy, and the exports running smoothly, the long wheelbased models will be released with the VE

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
so you reckon therell defintely be a wagon. im looking at soem thing with alot of space for carrying boxes and equipment like a wagon. and a commdore. and a VE. so yeh

D

Devil_Monaro

People... I work in the ME group at Holden and know, and have seen, what is coming. It always interests me the amount of stories and theories which people come up with on these forums, especially when I know the true story.

Keep it up.. its a good read!

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
all right everyone heres the plan...we sneak around to the house with the devil monaro out front and break into the house and interrogate devil_monaro for all his info...hahahahahaha, then we can get pizza...

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
Devil_Monaro said:
People... I work in the ME group at Holden and know, and have seen, what is coming. It always interests me the amount of stories and theories which people come up with on these forums, especially when I know the true story.

Keep it up.. its a good read!

Righty-o
We'll do.............