Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Noisy drive belt pulley

DonFrancis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
when I start my car ....until the engine heats up I get this high pitch noise from a drive belt pulley...what can I do to resolve this issue?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Is it like a squeak? I thought it was my supercharger pulley, so i wd40d it and some dropped onto the other drive belt and made it worse, but once it got over it it was all good and the squeak still remains. While the engine was running i then loosened the pulley adjuster with a spanner to check, turns out it's one of my belts (before it even looked like it was crap). My drive belt now is starting to fray, i just need to get around to ordering the racing belts!

DonFrancis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
hi, which one is the idler pulley?

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
my l67 vs statesman suffers from the dreaded cold squeak too ,Ive tried spraying it with wd ,using htb grease ,but its still with me on start up,just not as bad as before
I hope some one comes up with an Idea on how to lubricate sealed bearings

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
will have to replace the idle pully... i got the same prob

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
Some of those pulleys when you take them off theres a small bearing pressed into them. Just press it out and go to CBC and take it as a sample. Press back in and your away. If its just the belt WD40 drys out, you need some drylube. Supercheap should stock it.