Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Noisy V6 alloytec - rattle in front of engine, sounds like a diesel. Please help.

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Ok visited twice again today. :)
First time I went at 12pm they were trying to set the timing and align everything then I went again at 4:30 and the new chains, tensioners, guides and cogs were in.
So all that's left is putting everything back together. :)
I might be able to get it back by tonight if I'm lucky otherwise early tmrw. :)

3a6e7988-96f6-3939.jpg

3a6e7988-9802-6443.jpg

3a6e7988-981e-3b92.jpg

3a6e7988-9897-9a8e.jpg

All the parts says GM on them.

Can't wait to get it back and just hear it running fine. :D

Last edited:

Stewlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV ute M6
Whoohoo good on you, I'm sure there will be plenty of people looking up this thread in due time. Thank #### there's a solution to the alloytec rattle

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Whoohoo good on you, I'm sure there will be plenty of people looking up this thread in due time. Thank #### there's a solution to the alloytec rattle

Yea hopefully this thread helps other alloytec drivers out there. :)
Yea theres nearly always a solution for everything, the problem is finding the right person to fix the solution. :)

Last edited:

MY VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
good everything is still working, started getting a squeaking noise at cold start that lasts for a minute or two so I assume I need to adjust the power steering pulley, replace the belt or replace one of the other pulleys, it was only there for about 10 seconds this morning and not very loud so I'm not stressed about it. Wish I knew how to fix the damn fuel gauge though, I hate the way it stops working when it gets below half way.

Mine does the same thing with the fuel gauge when i get to around a 1/3 of a tank my gauge will drop to nothing and the alarm will say very low fuel but if you
keep driving it goes back to where it was. Anything from a full tank to half is fine though. Ive been told it could be my sender unit

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
OP, is the car still rattle free and running well?

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
V

Vzniko

Ok here's the video of the rattle, Watch the entire video as i will get someone to tap the accelerator where ull hear the rattle more evident. Or forward to 1:30.

Thanks.

Similar noise on mine for quite sometime but then it went away o_O

Last edited by a moderator: