Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nostalgia Thread

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Watching "The Crow"

Nuff Said.

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I'll just leave these here
NSTT_3.jpgNSTT_2.jpgNSTT_01.jpg

Also, I remember being allowed to play cool games at school, like brandy and british bulldog :)

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Things I remember.....
- Having fast food ad infinitum and me developing a weight problem due to it :(
- TV - TMNT, Simpsons, The Monkees, the Goodies and Batman (on reruns...), Super Ted, Full Frontal, Drew Carey Show, Friends.
- Film - Twister, Independence Day, Forrest Gump
- Music - Big variety; I like 90s stuff more now than I did in the 90s. Tended to like older stuff. This made me a bit of an outcast.
- Family doings - we'd go to the lake every sunday in summer; every saturday morning we'd go up the street for brunch/ morning tea; later on most sundays we'd go out for afternoon tea. Yes, family outings did revolve around food. maybe contributed to my lifelong weight/food issues. wow. I just made a theraputic breakthrough :p
- We'd go to the local theatre a bit; mum being a drama teacher....saw various shows as they went through town such as Les Miserables, J C Superstar, hating alison ashley, various comedians, rolf harris, bangara dance company etc.
- Mowing the lawn every weekend in spring/summer and taking the clippings with dad to local tip (weird...but memorable lol)
- We used to go up the coast to gran-ma's place in woolgoolga; she moved in with us when we moved back to orange in 1990, so the trips ceased. We used to go to a zoo between coffs and woolgoolga called kimbangeri (sic?) - demolished now, but can see the ruins on google earth. We went to visit grandparents a bit in canberra until they got too old then it was just day trips until they passed away. I went to old sydney town twice.
- bloody weekends away for gifted and talented kids, where they do extended learning......had heaps of these. These no longer happen, which is a bit of a shame.

(Don't let the above fool you though re: my childhood - all that glitters is not gold...a degree of pain I will not share with you all on this public forum)

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I used to wear a white safari suit to discos in the 70s and did a pretty mean of imitating Travoltas moves :) It was a hit with the ladies ...

which reminds me.. I never had one.. but anyone remember hair shirts? And the 70s were the day of the moustache too :)

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
I used to wear a white safari suit to discos in the 70s and did a pretty mean of imitating Travoltas moves :) It was a hit with the ladies ...

You were a hit with the ladies, or you were hit by the ladies? haha, sounds pimp, I have a sweet white suit I like to rock out from time to time at mates 21st n stuff lol...such a pimp suit.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Heres some really scary nostalgia...

1972 (17 years old)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php