Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nostalgia Thread

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Don't tell Dakster he's prehistoric - that makes me pre-prehistoric!

1970. My first job. Lunch at Kirribili Hotel. 2 meat pies, with veges, gravy, two slices of buttered bread and two schooners.

One dollar all up.

Pies were 15 cents each and schooners were 25 cents.

A couple of years earlier, during my High School days. Potato scallops at the local fisho were 2 cents each.

Not only were potato scallops 2 cents each, they were 'home made', not this crap they sell now. The batter was the same batter they used for the fish, and they were much nicer.

So if you are pre-prehistoric, what did you guys use instead of dinosaurs for transport? ;)

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
So who used to watch Vidiot?

0.jpg

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
So who used to watch Vidiot?

0.jpg

Never heard of it, sorry.. I remember watching this though.. Sherbet (Darryl Braithwaite's band) guest hosting on Countdown, 1974. I saw them live at the ampitheatre in Darwin the same year, it was 7 bucks a ticket.

Colour tv didnt exist yet... and yeah my hair was the same..

attachment.php

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Vidiot ran in the early 90s. Was a video game/music kids show. You got a good 20+ years on me Dakster lol so Countdown is way before my time. Watched plenty a rerun of it though.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
More on 74.. though I think this pic may be more like early Jan 75, because a lot has already been cleaned up. My house is one of the group on the bottom right.. thats my high school on the top left, Casuarina High, although I had already finished year 12 a couple years before.

attachment.php

Yep, its Darwin. Taken from the top of the Moil water tower. There was a fridge embedded in the side of the concrete water tower.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Not only were potato scallops 2 cents each, they were 'home made', not this crap they sell now. The batter was the same batter they used for the fish, and they were much nicer.

So if you are pre-prehistoric, what did you guys use instead of dinosaurs for transport? ;)[/QUOTE

Where do you think they got the inspiration for Fred Flintstone from?