Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] Advice for P Plate License Suspension.

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Depending on the rules over there you could appeal and get it back with 1 point for a year but if you do anything wrong you will loose it for probably 6 month to a year.

So weigh it up carefully cause if you get done again and loose it for a year you wont be able to appeal that.

abclarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII S
I rang up the local court house today and told them how its my first offence and my situation with work and that, and she told me to get a letter from work and as well as the people who taught me during my L's and the tradesmen i drive around for work saying im that im a good driver and it was an honest mistake. Apparently my local court sees good on people putting forward appeals for some reason to do with work, looks commited i guess? Having a government apprenticeship i spose would help as well?

Wish me luck :)

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Yeah, you can elect to have it heard in court, where you can plead guilty to the offence, but explain to the magistrate your situation and hope they give you some leniency with the punishment. If you're not obviously a cockhead, and you get a reasonable magistrate I think your chances are probably decent - given it's only a small amount over, and hopefully your first offence?

abclarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII S
Yeha mate first and only offence. Im jsut gonna tell them straight up that i know i made a mistake and wasnt paying attention to the time thinking it was later than it actually was, not going ot try and come up with excuses or anything and hopefully i get out good :)

a.j

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore S 5-speed
i had a close friend that got done for the same thing,

he was a mechanic at the time, and with some witnesses the judge granted him a 6 month good behaviour bond.

you should be right mate

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
School zone you'll have very little chance of getting it but it doesnt hurt to write a letter to them..

Dont say that you were not paying attention, they'll hate that.

just say that you didnt realise that you were doing that speed and were focusing on the surrounds as there were quite a few kiddies around, or that your speedo was a bit out as well, as far as i know you are allowed to have a speedo that is +/- 10% out.

abclarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII S
Hey guys i went all good and was told to do the traffic offenders program and come back on the 2nd of August. Ive recently heard about the "Defence of Honest and Reasonable Mistake of Belief" and i thought this might apply. Anyone have any information on how this might go?

abclarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII S
Just a little update, went back to court today and got the suspension down to 4 weeks :D

So never give up hope! :p

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Good to hear, the offences this country has for speeding a ####ing joke. You can beat someone within inches of death and walk away with a slap on the wrist. Do 45 in a 40 zone and your made an example of...absolute joke.