Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Number plate light issue

adamcawood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hello all

My vz sv6 left number plate light keeps going out I've head five gloves this year they keep dying when I remove it is darkish in colour only happening to the left one
Any ideas ???
Thanks Adam

adamcawood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Are they less likely to blow ? Do you no what number/code globe they are ?

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Hello all

My vz sv6 left number plate light keeps going out I've head five gloves this year they keep dying when I remove it is darkish in colour only happening to the left one
Any ideas ???
Thanks Adam

Sounds like you may have an intermittent connection on the bulb. Try cleaning the spring contacts that retain the actual globe, and ensure they are bent in sufficiently, to retain the globe securely.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sounds like you may have an intermittent connection on the bulb. Try cleaning the spring contacts that retain the actual globe, and ensure they are bent in sufficiently, to retain the globe securely.

And dont clean the contacts when the circuit is on, turn off the lights and use a torch. :)

adamcawood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
So if the spring parts bounced and lost contact then touched agin would it burn the globe ? Do you think it could be my subs ? Vibrating it I will try tighten it and are led lights legal ?

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
they are legal as long as they are not coloured so white only. it's worth keeping in mind having blue leds/lights anywhere on the outside of your car is a no-no. it's illegal in WA as far as I know to have such coloured lights on the outside of your car.

keep in mind too that you might get blown globe warnings with LED's as they draw less current than the incandescent ones.