Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

O2 sensors

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Are the Bosch ones advertised on ebay the same as originals? I had a VZ at a workshop and the 02 sensors codes kept coming up, I said put some new ones in thinking they wouldn't gouge too much, they charged close to $600 for two! They said the price was so expensive because they were genuine. Codes still came up after I picked up the car so I got some Bosch ones for the rear sensors from ebay for $90 for the two which look zackery the same as the front ones they fitted. I knew car workshops were rip off but that's next level. Or did I buy Chinese cheapies? They were branded/boxed Bosch.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
hard to tell now days but i think Bosch have a print or code in there's, i use ''walker'' brand in mine i find them good, i actually got some proper Bosch but they don't operate same as the walker and take longer to heat up even on restarts, what code is showing for them?

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
I think it was P0131-00/P said sensor circuit low voltage bank 1 sensor 1, before different codes went around all 4 sensors

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
circuit low usually means the wire is shorting to earth pulling it down, if u have a scan tool that can show 02 voltages u could look at it and see if it is reading right or low, usually unplugged it will read in the middle 450mv a circuit low will be around 0mv but if its cycling around the 200mv to 800mv up and down then that is normal closed loop operation

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Ok so far hasn't thrown anymore codes, one of the sensors was worn through the outside insulation.