Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Occupation

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
You must either have just gotten into the industry or have a great employer. Come back to me when you've worked in the industry for ten years and have had to work with/for some of the people i have (anger management issues, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, drug and alcohol abuse, little general disorder, no idea of health and safety, no idea of sanitation, corner cutting to the point where customers health is put at risk). I started out as an idealist, i was borderline perfectionist. The industry destroyed my passion for food in the end because of the type of people i have had to work with. Don't get me wrong i still love to cook and am greatly satisfied when a family member/friend has enjoyed a meal i have prepared, but it may take a while before i try my hand at it professionally again.

Ahhh... I see...

The place im in now, is *VERY* Strict on cleanliness etc.. but it's a great place to be.. Sure, the Head Chef goes off his trolley, but what chef doesnt :)
No one cuts corner, but if they do.. Some one will always find out :)

My plan is to.. complete the Trade..then get a normal mon-fri job for some time.. Then go back to Chef. I don't want to burn myself out to soon :)
But, who knows.. Life changes to much to make a Solid Plan.. lol

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Find yourself a nice little cafe, i've worked at a couple and often they won't be open for dinner so you won't find yourself getting home at midnight or so as you would with four and five star places in the city. Only thing i can say is don't ever, for anyone, compromise your principals.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
truck driver for a PVC/PP/PE manufacturer and galvanized steel pipe/fitting supplier

old_fella

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 SSV UTE
Fitter machinist and will probably get my welding trade soon after going to tafe completing welding modules and pressure tickets have compiled enough points for my cert 3 in fabrication