Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Odometer...Do i need it

Gerrys888

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 91
Do i really need this because its not working now....Just Stopped....Help....Thanks:hmmm:

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
If you ever need a new blue slip or needs to go over the pits, wont they need a odo reading?
I know they want odo reading for pink slips..

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
It wont hurt the car, unless it bothers you don't worry about it too much. Just put it on the to do list and fix it whenever but its not too important.

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
its an easy fix. just a new unit from the wreckers. It would bother me not having one.

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP vacationer, 95 VR II exec, 92 VP S Pack
its that little rubber gear inside the speedo. change that and you will be fine.

vn_wagon90

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Wagon
lol! How many cars ive registered over and over again with a non working odometer :p im pretty sure its not ilegal to be not working, but you must have one.

hahaha thats true .. If they dont know its not working they dont pick on it .. But rule of thumb is, if it dosent work and it should, needs to be fixed .. if its not factory, its not suppose to be there .. Not saying they do this but a few places wont pic on a simple ODO not working as it doesnt affect anything vital on the car