Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Odometer issue.

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
Hey all, I have a 05 dual cab V6 petrol rodeo and the odometer has stopped working, the trip meters still work and the speedo still works its just the odometer. After lots of looking online I'm tipping its a sensor on the transmission?? Does this sound about right? Anyone have any idea how or what I can do to fix this? Or which sensor it is? I can see two when I get under it.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Tap'n Like A Boss on my 5 while grilling on my Weber!

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
After more research I'm thinking cause the speedo and the trip meters are still working it might be a dash problem. Any ideas???

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Pinched this off the Aussie 4WD forum. Might be worth a try in helping with diagnosis
With the ignition off, push in the trip reset button and hold.

Turn on the ignition (you will see the back light illuminate but no numbers).

Wait half a second or so (after the back light illuminates) release your initial push in and then push the same button in and release three times quickly. All this must be done within 7 seconds. The LCD should scroll through 1111111.1 > 2222222.2 etc,

While this number scrolling is happening, you can press the button again and your rpm should sit on 3000, your odometer 100 kmh, fuel gauge and temp gauge at half.

I guess with your problem, you may not see the numbers going around or you may not be entirely sure whether it has entered self diagnosis, but if you can get the gauges to sit as per paragraph above you will know it is just the lcd screen.

Failing that maybe have a looksie for a loose wire? Also probably worth asking on the Rodeo forum :)

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
Never knew there was a rodeo forum. Thanks for your help I'll give it a try.

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
Ok so I tested the dash and everything works the way it's meant to in that description. Pretty sure it'd be the sensor then. Thanks for the help.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Welcome :) Always better to test before spending cash. Good luck with it all.