Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Official VY "Suspension + Wheels Setup" Thread!

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Anyone have pictures of an SS sedan lowered? How low did you drop from stock FE2?

B£å¢kÐðg

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Anyone have pictures of an SS sedan lowered? How low did you drop from stock FE2?

Scroll up a few posts where I've posted a pic, that was originally fe2 now dropped using pedder's sports rider.

that_lanky_guy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy acclaim
19 inch sabres
lowered by bob jane with king springs super low doubles all round
prob will need new shocks soon the factory ones are starting to crap themselves

Attachments

• PIC_0030.jpg
    PIC_0030.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 1,057

Turismo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S-pak V6 3.8 Auto Sedan
hey guys,

some awesome work done here. just 2 questions tho, normaly tow a jet skii, but thinking about going for superlows in the VY.

question 1) does lowing pose a problem when towing a light skii ie. how much does the arse end tend to sag?

question 2) anyone had 'fun' going up and down a boat ramp, last thing i wana hear is 'SSSCCRRRREEEEECCCCCCCCCHHHHH'

cheers guys for any resposes

b_lake1

Salt Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L VY Calais
Hey team, sorry to dig up such an old thread but, just lowered my calais on SL's all round and now the front sits higher than the rear, anyone have the same problem? ideas on what it might be?

full_force1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais LS1
Wow very old thread lol, the springs need to settle, mine did the same when I first put them in but settle a little bit after a few weeks.

Have a look at my thread for pics of how it sits after settling.

jackcurrie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged Series II VY.
I know I'm resurrecting some medieval **** here, but I was about to make my own thread to ask the same question. And considering half the pictures here don't even load anymore, I may aswell kick off a half-decent thread.

I want to lower my VY sedan. Its currently got pedders in it, and sits lower than stock, but not that low (and theyre firm as all hell). So its hard to measure from 'stock' fe2 height where my car would sit.

Any pics of relatively low sedans with setup info? Nothing TOO cop-bait, but a bit of tyre/rim tucking is what Im after.

Kenny95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore 25th Anniversary
I own a vy sedan and just got myself some ve ssv 19s now i just need to lower my car would anyone recommend super lows front and back?