Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil Change gone wrong

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Drop the oil into a clean container, re-fit plug WITH washer, put oil back!.....am I missing something here?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
This is exactly why I want work on my own car rather than trusting the mechanics. This prick did help me to remove the rounded sump plug and change the engine oil for me, but he didn't ####ing put a washer in! Now its leaking from the new sump plug. I even supplied him with a new sump washer!!! Gonna have to deal with it until I change oil next time...... prick!

Easy.

Wait til car is cold. Unscrew sump plug and mae sure you use a clean oil pan.
Take out sump plug and same time put ya other thumb or anything to block the plug hole. Even keep ya thumb on it and other hand put the washer on the plug, then put it back in the sump hole.

Messy, might lose 100mls max but can add that back into the car or just leave it.

All you need is 10secs to put the washer on whilst plug is out. Can even fill the plug hole with ANYTHING such as a rolled up rag etc. Be imaginative.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
This is exactly why I want work on my own car rather than trusting the mechanics. This prick did help me to remove the rounded sump plug and change the engine oil for me, but he didn't ####ing put a washer in! Now its leaking from the new sump plug. I even supplied him with a new sump washer!!! Gonna have to deal with it until I change oil next time...... prick!

Lol Mate DONT take your car to a mechanic unless it something serious that you dont know how to do… Most of them are complete nut jobs that dont even know what they are doing. I know this from personal experience i worked at a ultra tune and a holden dealership service centre and both had such ####ed up techniques to doing **** i did better job in my own driveway.. Its good that your trying to work on your car. Forget mechanics all together do as much work as possible to your own car dont need to be *qualified* to do most the work… Especially a little service. Just take your time and invest in a workshop manual. Also mechanics are the biggest ripoffs at times.. Lol had a VE maloo ute come into holden that i had to do a test drive and did a service (oil and filter) and he got charged $800 for a service and test drive (to check brakes,suspension,steering etc) and lousy inspection..

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Good job mate,you posted the thread ,received a lot of good advice,read a lot of crap and at the end of the day sorted through the good and the bad and made good decisions.You'll use the vice grips many times in the future,everyone should own a set of stilsons and you towed the car to a workshop when you couldn't beat it.Well done.