Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil flush..

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
just be warned. engine flushing a neglected engine can often have a negative effect. all that gum and varnish is sometimes the only thing holding the rings together. when you use oil flush you take it all away= smokey,rattley engine

+1 for this comment..

I did a 'flush' to an old Gemini I had when I was a kid (quiet and great motor, 350xxx km's), and it got all the crap out..... and... sounded like a goddamn tractor afterwards!!

I was tempted to throw a handful of dirt in to try and shut it up!

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Thanx fellas, lol, coast calais on that last part, the motors `s done 119xxx and the oil was ####ed when I checked it so I drained it and filled it with new oil and gave it a fresh filter in the sellers drive way before I even handed over the cash because everything else was smicko, I wan`t it clean and been 119k I`d doubt it would rattle, the detergent idea is the one I`m gonna do.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
thats true///////////////
just be warned. engine flushing a neglected engine can often have a negative effect. all that gum and varnish is sometimes the only thing holding the rings together. when you use oil flush you take it all away= smokey,rattley engine

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
agreed to an extent pablo, i did a coolant flush recently, after fitting a new water pump, so i decided to do a flush coz the idiot before me was running tap water in the system!! after i did the flush, the heater tap started leaking +$65 for bottle of coolant leaked out over night, bought another bottle and then the radiator sprung a leak on the side tank! $240 for radiator and another $65 for coolant. i should of just filled it with coolant and left it!

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
HE HE He?...had a talk the other day with a retired motor mechanic who told me of sad stories of flushing engines from the mid 1950's - 1960,s to get rid of sludge (no oil filters back then) with diesel oil, only for 10-15 minutes, then afterwards they turned into rattly oil burners.

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
ive done 8 cars woth the diesel oil. no problems. they were from hq 202 to vt v6 and a falcon. i belive it works. seen it work on the vt lifters and will do it again if needed.