Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil Issues

Shamous69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09
I change my oil every 7,500km in my V6 Omega, now with 67,000km on it and the oil never drops below the full line... ever.. and that's with a lot of spirited driving.. something wrong for sure.

Did the low oil pressure warning come on the trip meter display?

Speed16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Did the low oil pressure warning come on the trip meter display?

No the low oil pressure warning never come up. Had my 60,000km service completed today and asked the dealer to show me how the Engine Oil % is reset, the guy said first off that he is not meant to show me but since I can't do it myself he would. He plugged the TECH2 in and went though a couple menus and selected Reset Engine Oil Life counter (or something close to that). Then it was reset so I guess its different for each model? Who knows.

It is a little hard to go to a different dealer because there is only 1 Holden dealer in this town, the next town 1 hour north of me are a pack of *********, and the dealer the next town south is part of the same group. Anyways I am in the process of doing an oil consumption test and then we can take it from there. Thanks for the advice though.