Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil Leak

DND

Banned
Reaction score
I have a oil leak in my V6 but I'm Having problem finding were its coming from doz anyone know the most common spots for a leak to start ?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Rear main seal at the rear, Also inlet manifold, But good advice give the motor a very good clean then take it to a mechanic and ask them to hoist it up and look for the leak;).

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Check oil filter for tightness. Rocker cover, front and rear main seals, sump plug or sump gasket are all places to check if it is engine oil leaking and not power steering fluid.

DND

Banned
Reaction score
I'm hopeing its not the rear seal

It looks like its somewhere near the mid of the engine, I will know more when I clean it
Its been leaking for years thought it time to fix it now I have the time

VT Berlina 07

15.37 @ 147 KPH
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 EF2 Futura I6 Auto
hi, the best way to do it, is to degrease an wash your engine(top/bottom/underneath), (BEFORE YOU ADD WATER- spray all electricals (coils, coolant temp sensor, alternator, battery etc etc) with WD40 or similar, and cover your intake (water+pistons=not good):yeah:!!! after its all nice and clean everyday inspect the engine and look for leaks. that way you will be able to see WHERE it is coming from because it will be fresh oil and not oil mixed in with dirt. also as already said (it may sound realy obvious) but check sump plug and oil filter (normally if the sump plug is leaking it will be the gasket/washer!!! :thumbsup: