Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil poured over road - Royal National Park

Renee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV CLUBSPORT 5.0 LITRE
Hopefully now one was injured in the three cars.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Years ago my brother came off his motorbike going around a corner. Oil had been put all over the road intentionally. He even saw a teenager running away from the corner and continuously looking back. Brother couldn't chase him as he was pretty bruised but altogether OK. Bike had a fair amount of panel damage. Bastards.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Saw this on smh earlier today

40 litres is alot.

Who the hell would have that amount and time to do it. Morons

Sent from my HTC ARIA using Tapatalk II.IV

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
will probably never find out but I dont think it was for drifting, I'm leaning more towards someones cracked it at the number of cars that go belting through there and wanted to make a point - which has worked.

I rarely go through there myself, I dunno for some reason I just dont find it that interesting, but it'll definately be in the back of my mind next time I do go through there.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
I'm leaning more towards someones cracked it at the number of cars that go belting through there and wanted to make a point - which has worked.

I maybe slow, but what point did they make and how did it work?

Buzz22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Berlina V6
I went through there on my motorbike yesterday- oil was across both lanes and only through the corner, not on the approaches so it was obviously deliberate.
The cops did a great job keeping it safe (once they found out about it obviously).
Glad I wasn't riding through there earlier......

chook350

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s3
similar thing happened in 2010 at targa tassie, results were very nasty indeed. some ppl really need there heads read.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I maybe slow, but what point did they make and how did it work?

think of it as a stupid mans attempt at a speed bump. if you hit a speedbump at speed, it can do some damage, if you know its there, you slow down.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Yeah, what Hak said.

As I said, it will make me always think twice now with every corner I head into (and no, not at excessive speed, even at 60kph the signposted speed would be enough) -I dont want to end up wrapped around a tree because of oil on the road.

In the case of some people it might be enough to turn you off going that way. If one of my mates such as Troy said "lets go Natio run on Friday night" I'd be saying err, no screw that.

Also doesnt take long for the news to filter through car clubs.

I may be way off, theres a few possible scenareos, but at the end of the day its a dumb dog act and lucky no one got hurt.