Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Omerta's VS Acclaim

Omerta

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS Acclaim
Hey guys, been lurking for a little while and thought its time I started my own ride thread.

Name: Jason
Ride: 1995 VS Acclaim
Colour: White
K's: Roughly 170,XXX when I picked her up in Feb this year (2011)
Engine Type: 3.8
Bodykit: Standard
Gearbox: Auto
Diff: Stock
Exhaust: Stock
Suspension: Stock
Wheels/Tyres: Vertini Hennessey 19"
Interior: Stock W/ Carbon/Black seat covers
Stereo: Pioneer Headunit, Stock speakers

Will get some pics up soon, but basically, my VS is looking like a bowlers car - Stock Standard, bar some seat covers and a headunit :p (pics now up)

A little bit about myself: This is my first car, been riding bikes for around 6 years day in day out.. commuting and on weekends. Only started driving in Feb this year and im 26 - yeahhh, late comer haha. Anyways, recently sold my pride and joy GSX-R to get the ball rolling towards a new bike/uprgade.. and in the mean time, ive decided I will put some work into my car to keep me sane! If im going to be looking at it/driving it every where and my sole transport for at least 12 months I want to appreciate it and make it more 'mine'

I've got some vision for her.. after checking out alot of other rides out and about and online and im looking to go for a oldschool/stylish kind of look, try and keep it simple and clean looking.

The car was in really good condition...until some prick decided to reverse out of a car space, and into my rear left quarter and did the F#@KING runner! So 'mods' will start off with getting that panel fixed up and getting her all back in shape.

To do list:

- Going to get the windows tinted soon DONE

- Remove front and rear bumper trim / possibly paint or remove side ones

- Looking at getting some 18s on in the early new year... DONE- Ended up getting 19s

- Picked up a set of chrome window trim from a Berlina this week at the wreckers, so will get them on soon before I get the windows tinted DONE

- Re do headlining

- Paint is a lil dull on all of the top facing areas, bonnet, roof and boot.. so looking at giving it a good cut and polish to try and schmick the paint up and get it looking fresh.

I think that'll be a good start :)

Future Mods

- Good sound system

- Possible SS Kit

- Lower it a bit

And im sure over time i'll think of other lil things to do... Other mods TBA.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Updates are throughout the thread/with pics etc :)

Last edited:

Omerta

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS Acclaim
So here is some pics of how she looks now... as you can see, pretty much a blank canvas!

PB200307.jpg

PB200310.jpg

Latest mod :p

PB200324.jpg

Slowly but surely will be getting things done. Will keep you guys updated...

Last edited:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Cant wait till you get the pics up mate , sounds like its going to be a beast of car

Omerta

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS Acclaim
Pics now up... nothing special to look at tho :bomb:

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
looks nice and clean.

is it just me or in that pic of the rear view mirror the head lining is sagging?
*adds to the to do list*

other than that its pretty tops

Omerta

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS Acclaim
Yeah, well spotted. It looks alot worse in the pic then it does in the flesh... its def' on the to do list tho ;)

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Pics look good mate , Nice stock base to start with . Dont worry I think everyone with a vr/vs has sagging roof lining

Omerta

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS Acclaim
So, booked in to drop her off at the panel beaters on Monday to get the rear quarter back in shape...

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I think that is a great starter car mate.

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Good first car. Parts are plentiful for these, and there is an abundance of information on them, this forum is a shining example :p

Sounds like you have some nice mods coming, how about getting the clear VT style oval front guard indicators? Should be reasonably priced on ebay.