Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

open vx key remote

kazalex

karen
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2,s pack
hi, i need instructions to open my vx remote so i can transfer the inside to another shell,if anyone knows how to do it?thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The only way to open them is to cut them open, they are glued together. It is difficult to o a neat job of it.

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
just go to mr minute and get a new key, its about $80.00 and they give you easy to do instructions on tuning the key to the car, takes about 1 minute

dannyVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Non! Sold the Berlina
you will break the case but you have to unscrew the two screws holding the key end part and put a 50c coin in the little slot! the twist it to eventualy break the case open.
hope this helps
Danny

kazalex

karen
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2,s pack
thanks danny,thats the info i needed

beaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
i've just opened my key up recently too, to replace the battery on the cheap..
i used a stanley knife (craft knife?, snap off blade?not sure what you'd call them in Aus) to cut around the sides where it joins, and slipped a small flat screwdriver in to carefull prise it open.

and fyi... holden went the extra mile, for those of us cheap and industrious enough to break into the key housing to change the battery... they've also soldered or glued the battery to the terminals!
well played, holden 1, beaker 0

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
With a pair of craft needle nose pliers, you can (carefully!) pry off the spot welded battery terminals and slip in a new battery. Will work but your key will look very ghetto from being pried apart. Its a cheap fix but still can do

moose man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII
and fyi... holden went the extra mile, for those of us cheap and industrious enough to break into the key housing to change the battery... they've also soldered or glued the battery to the terminals!
well played, holden 1, beaker 0

If you go to tandy or dick smith electronics, you can buy the battery with terminals soldered onto it already for about $2. If you are handy and patient with a soldering iron, all you need to do is unsolder the battery lugs, and resolder the new battery wires to the circuit board.

Also, I heat a razor blade above a flame and cut through the plastic case. It leaves virtually no mark on the exterior and can be reglued with a couple of drops of superglue. Not too much though or it will be difficult to break apart next time.