Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions Needed: P/Coat or Paint Rims Black Y/N

What to do with my Rims

• Total voters

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
I think it looks good the way it is now, black on black looks sux and those rims are pretty good

Just_a_stocker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP exe
cannot say I am a fan of that pattern

...but nice car mate

do you have any powdercoated rim pictures?

I am thinking it will either look hot or look totally weird..

m3taL

For what its worth.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
88` S1 VN, 5spd & 94' VR Wagon
Well with a 3 way TIE and all the comments.. i sat here today Suckin on a Jimmy can or 4 looking at my car and i think the Satin sets off the car.

so i think i'll stick with it... NOW!

does anyone know where the hell i can get my Wheels Re-Satined? or is it a Paint or is it a P/Coat or wha.... im going to ask my Powdercoater tomorrow if he knows or can do it or maybe come out with a coat thats very simular.....

i still want to fix them up and do somthing with them... cos the guy who had it before me was Ruthless with gutters...

m3taL

For what its worth.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
88` S1 VN, 5spd & 94' VR Wagon
At least you have rims that can be repaired easily... Last owner was ruthless on my 19s too, but they're a machined lip. Makes repairs a bit tricky I think.

Yep, Not Umpossible.. just need someone with a lathe bigenough to turn rims and an operator who knows how to do it.......

Im just gonna tig up the skuffs n sand then clean and run a Porcoline Buffer over em... just need to work out how to re-coat them.... im sure its like a powdercoat.... tis definatly close to it.. i'll pound my p/coater for answers tomorrow morn when im hung over as **** pickin up the switchboards i was supposed to fit out today!!!

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
lol!

Yeah I'll have to ask a proper rim repair joint about my stupid gutter smashes... hell I shouldn't complain too much, got the rims for an absolute bargain purely because one was badly kerbed :)

Sam