Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions on putting in an immobiliser/alarm system

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Opinions on a touch sense immobiliser?

Hey guys.

My car isn't going to be driven much over the next 6 months and I would like to make sure the security is a bit better so I don't need to worry about it as much

What immobilisers and alarm systems does everyone have?
I would like to get keyless entry but i don't really need it. Just a simple immobiliser or possibly a kill switch.

Has anyone got experience with this one?
TOUCH SENSE IMMOBILISER SUIT VC VH VK VL HDT SS BROCK (eBay item 250505429577 end time 22-Nov-10 12:44:43 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

heres a video of it working. I think its a pretty awesome idea just dont know how reliable it would be
YouTube - TOUCH SENSE IMMOBILISER ebay.com.au
throw up some info/suggestions/experience with any immobilisers or alarms

thanks

Last edited:

05 Senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais RB25 turbo, VS Calais
thats pretty awesome man. but like you said, not sure on reliability.. plus would it work if someone hotwired your car?? iv been thinking about a way to cut fuel off mechanically or manualy if you will. ie like a hidden valve or something on the main line. or if your gonna leave sitting for a few days jus unplug your computer or something. not many people would think of that..

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Yeah i think it would be an awesome immobiliser. I have solid metal keys so its gonna work. If i coupled it with an electrical killswitch to the comp or just the battery i think it would be useful.

I dunno if it'd work if someone tried hotwiring the car. But thats what the killswitch would stop i guess. and good luck to them trying to figure out my mess of wires under the dash haha

05 Senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
but if the killswitch would stop that then is there really much point in this immobilisor??

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
haha maybe not. Except for show and when i forget to use the killswitch??

Do you have any alarm system in your VL senator?

05 Senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
not yet. but where i live its not exactly high priority. once i sort my computer out then focus on family needs for a bit ill get it sorted