Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions wanted on an SV6

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
I am looking at buying a new car in the next couple of months, while I would like an SS I cant stretch the budget that far..
So we have decided to look at SV6's I was wondering if anyone that owns one could give me their overall opinion of the SV6 I would greatly appreciate it..

Cheers,

Wayne

Z

ZER0

mate, from everything i have heard... there a great car.... and they look fantastic!

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
A bloke here at work has bought one & it looks bloody beautiful & he is very happy with it indeed...Even came with a $1000 bucks free fuel..

H

HOTSV.6

I'm very happy with mine. Had it over a year and put 40,000kms on it. Slightly raspy engine note at low revs but other than that can't fault it. Goes awesome compared to the standard 175kw. My only mod is a CAI.
Fuel economy averages around 9l/100kms

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
The look of them and the added features is what has really sold me on it , plus the added performance 190kw gives you (I'm trading up from VS exec)... I cant stretch the budget for a V8 so I want the next best thing..

malscar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSv6
I have found it a very good car which I would recommend to anyone. I have an auto and the economy is a bit more than my old 230k VS auto 6, remembering that this is a heavier car, has the new motor and is a higher power output engine. With a weight in it or towing it does seem to change down sooner than the VS in the same configuration. In the 22k it has done, I have not had any problems at all. If you read some of the other threads you will find the following issues:

some like me, have the incorrect dash programming from the V8s which can cause wrong info such as fuel guage (not me) or servicing advice (me)

some people are finding that the front spoiler is very low and will hit curbs however this is the same with the SS and if you are aware of it then should not be too much of an issue

the noise level seems to be higher which some think is the auto, I believe maybe a related to a different type of engine noise compared to the old ecotec or the tyres and will need to wait til I wear these ones out and change them to work out which.

some are complaining of excessive tyre wear although this maybe a product of driving style as mine only need to be rotated

I am sure there were others which I can't remember. Just search the forum.

The paddles on the steering wheel I find are in the wrong spot. Would rather a sequential style shift on the transmission tunnel. In fact I still use the auto shift lever to change gear when needed.

Paint on mine tends to mark easily which maybe because it is black and any mark seems to be white(undercoat?) and therefore shows.

Vision to the rear could be better with the rear spoilere not helping. Would actually prefer the SS spoiler.

Headlights are very good at night and you can not compare to the VS. On my VS I had good Cibie driving lights yet virtually no difference with or without them on the VZ.

I let a friend (Au driver ) have a go and he fell in love with it although in giving the keys back he stated that he could not buy it as he would fall foul of the law very quickly.

Overall I will probably keep the car til at least 200k is on it.
Mal

Last edited:

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
bought mine in July of this year, manual and has done nearly 9k. Very happy with it, the engine is a huge step up in holdens v6 assault, and very happy weith the temec 6 spd. Definately worth it, would love to have a v8 again but budget wont allow for a vz v8.

Strone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S UTE
im buying one tomorro, i was looking at the storm ute but decided to go with the sv6 sedan as i have had utes for the last 9 years, and thought it was time for a change.

ill let you know how it goes once i get it, but i have drivin it twice and been all over it 100 times and everything about it looks very impressing!.

Ralph1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SSZ
The SV6s' are nice cars, but I saw a VY SS at the auctions with 40 oddk on it for 26k. I thought that was cheap. Could your budget stretch to that?