Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

options for rear parking sensors in VE ute?

theconcierege

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE ute
hi all

got myself a SV6, coming from small cars I am struggling with the length of the thing. I test drove a couple of utes with rear parking sensors and they made things so much easier. I think spending money on installing them is going to save me money in the long time as parking in the city is a b!tch and I am positive I am going to reverse into something soon.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a after market set? or am I better off just coughing up the money from Holden and getting a factory set? I am not really interested in a camera, and I have a tow bar ( usually I take the ball part of ) as well.

My ute is Voodoo if that makes a difference

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
I had them installed from factory and then got reversing camera stalled aftermarket - heaps of places install the sensors aftermarket - just google VE ute rear parking sensors - Camera really is useful though cos you can actually see how far way you are whereas the sensors just beep faster as you get closer but you still gotta guess how far away you are

blasta1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
personally i would just instal a reverse camera sensors are just a pain and yes you still have to guess how close to the car behind is .

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
sensors just beep faster as you get closer but you still gotta guess how far away you are
If you bothered to read the manual you would know that the speed of beeping coincides with a distance.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Lol why would they have them if you still had to guess how far you are?

You can buy them from just about anywhere now, i know strathfield car radio had them for 180 installed at one stage.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
There are dealer fit Genuine Holden models, that can be installed by the end user..
They come with A3 page templates for cutting out the bumper holes, and the sensors are already colour coded..
The wiring loom is pretty much plug and play with them too, no need to cut and solder wiring looms.

I have no idea what the price is for these things, but I got a VE Sedan version (Green Crunch Colour sensors) from eBay a year or so ago for around $120
You dont see them on eBay anymore, but it gives you a rough idea of what to expect...

Hope this helps

theconcierege

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE ute
Thanks guys. I think the genuine holden ones are about $450 plus fitting ( around $600 total). I am happy to go after market - but as long as they are good!

Plug and play sounds good tho

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
hi all

got myself a SV6, coming from small cars I am struggling with the length of the thing. I test drove a couple of utes with rear parking sensors and they made things so much easier. I think spending money on installing them is going to save me money in the long time as parking in the city is a b!tch and I am positive I am going to reverse into something soon.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a after market set? or am I better off just coughing up the money from Holden and getting a factory set? I am not really interested in a camera, and I have a tow bar ( usually I take the ball part of ) as well.

My ute is Voodoo if that makes a difference

Life would be soooooo much easier if it was white or even red for that matter but Voodoo it is..... I'd recommend a reversing camera myself - the accuracy is 100% when compared to reversing sensors which are next to useless.

Reaper

theconcierege

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE ute
Seems there are a few sedan sensors on Ebay. Wonder what the difference is between that and the ute ( wiring kit?)

anyone recommend a good, cheap camera set?

Last edited: