Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Original rims

VZ One Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what the original rims on a VZ, V6, Manual 6 One Tonner were or where I can find out?
I am wanting to replace the low profiles which don't handle the pot holes to well.
I think the outer rim stamping was CC 7JJX15 22 5 279 43P. What does the CC represent?
The hub is stamped GM HS 90. What does the 90 represent?

Thanks.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
15X7 are the original rims....

Tyre size should be 205/65X15C...The letter "C" being the most important bit, as it stands for cargo.....They are a stronger tyre to handle the extra load the car is designed to take....

Reactions: Lex

VZ One Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner
15X7 are the original rims....

Tyre size should be 205/65X15C...The letter "C" being the most important bit, as it stands for cargo.....They are a stronger tyre to handle the extra load the car is designed to take....
Haven't seen a C on a tyre before.
Would the two C's stamped on the rim maybe stand for cargo carrying?
What about the number 90 stamped on the hub?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Haven't seen a C on a tyre before.
Would the two C's stamped on the rim maybe stand for cargo carrying?
What about the number 90 stamped on the hub?

Light truck tyres have a C after the size....

Can't find a picture showing the actual "C" I am referring to but after the size, the "C" is placed

For example, it should have 205/65X15C on the car

Here's a link to a different size than what is fitted, but has the "C" in the size I am referring to

https://www.tyresales.com.au/buy/ty...VZP1MAh3Tyg7kEAQYASABEgIzYfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Did a little more of an image search and came up with the magical "C" Bottom of the tyre where the size is

1692351204855.png

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I thought they were 16”.
The Tonner 16” are often used on Adventras etc to get bigger Hindenburg tyres on.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I thought they were 16”.
The Tonner 16” are often used on Adventras etc to get bigger Hindenburg tyres on.

Seen 15X7's on tonners a fair few times......Owners often complain when the correct tyre price are more expensive than the normal passenger tyres some numpty fits......

Have also seen 16" wheels fitted in alloys....The Light truck tyres for these rims are cheaper than the 15" counterparts...(Light truck are the common name for the cargo style than need to be fitted, hence the "C" I have referred to)

Seeing the OP say 15X7, says he has the steel wheels fitted....Alloys are 6" or 6.5" rims, rather than a 7"

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

Seen 15X7's on tonners a fair few times......Owners often complain when the correct tyre price are more expensive than the normal passenger tyres some numpty fits......

Have also seen 16" wheels fitted in alloys....The Light truck tyres for these rims are cheaper than the 15" counterparts...(Light truck are the common name for the cargo style than need to be fitted, hence the "C" I have referred to)

Seeing the OP say 15X7, says he has the steel wheels fitted....Alloys are 6" or 6.5" rims, rather than a 7"
Yeah, it’s the alloy 16” that many Adventra fans use. Still fits over the brakes.