Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Our MY15 SV6 Storm Sportwagon

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Thanks mate. They're 20" Vossen VFS-1 rims. Made in Miami Florida in the US

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
NEW BRAKES NEW BRAKES NEW BRAKES!!! hahaha :yahoo:

So last week i was able to finally have installed the Mod id been working on for over a month. As you can see from the first line, NEW BRAKES!

After lots of scouring fleabay and what not i managed to pick up a full set of Gen-F Clubby R8 brakes for a good price from a wrecker not too far from me.

From there i had the rotors machined as they weren't in the best of shape, while they were at it i had them paint the Hats black to clean them up a bit more.

Then I Got a full set of Winmax W1 pads from matt at Race Brakes in Sydney which so far have been great. While there he made me up a set of braided lines to suit the whole setup. I felt that if i was going to go to all this trouble for a brake upgrade it would just be wrong to not get the lines also and really boost the stopping power.

Finally from there i had a mate of mine who is owns a car restoration business spray the callipers prussian steel to match the car, and i had him add some AP Racing decals from eBay before clear coating.

Then i had the whole setup fitted at ABS Brake and Clutch in Kirawee. These guys were total professionals and did a fantastic job, in great time, for a great price. Can highly recommend them.

Overall im SUPER stoked with the result. They look the tits and stop so hard it'll break ya neck! Really Really happy!

Heres a few snaps i took over the weekend to show how it all turned out. Enjoy :)

409MYPHh.jpg

nHbon2Ph.jpg

Gi91wASh.jpg

Last edited:

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Looks great with those vossens and the colour matching plus decals! :thumbsup:

Jimunj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Ride height is absolutely perfect. Brakes really fill up those wheels nicely. Love it

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks guys. Ive spent a lot of time (and money) making sure things were done right and not half arsed. Very happy with the result :)

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Car looks sensational :spot on:

How are the pads in terms of dust?

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate.

So far they've been fantastic. Initially there was a bit of dust when I spent some time bedding them in properly and what not. Obviously they spit some dust when brand new....

After that I washed the car, and in the 5 days since I still have next to no dust on my rims. Really happy!

I specifically bought pads from Matt at Race Brakes which he said were a very low dust "Street" pad but still with good performance... Performance wise, they do lack just a little bit of initial bite when dead cold. But as soon as you get some heat in them after maybe 2 stops theyre great. Work really well. I'd definitely recommend them so far. If you're not planning on tracking them then they're a great option (they do come in track ready options too).... At $438 for a full 4 corner set they are a bit more expensive that your usual pads. But worth it IMO

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
That looks amazing mate well done they fill out the VFS1 so well too. Big brakes are just another thing I need to save up for haha