Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plate exhaust legality??

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
Wasnt added at factory

It doesnt stipulate where on the car the modification has to be to be banned. If that were the case every P-Plater would be rocking rear-mount Turbos.

So if the guy has holes in the exhaust and can't get rego, he has to replace it with a factory exhaust, is that what you are saying?

The exhaust was put on at the factory, yes the car has an exhaust, so replacing an exhaust isn't modifying at all , its maitenance.

Question is, why does he want the exhaust? for performance enhancment? There is not much, but at the end of the day he wants a louder exhaust, this will be the problem with the cops. But if you can establish that you have fitted a replacement exhaust as the old exhaust was illegal due to having holes, then how can the police fine you?

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
As far i as i know in nsw
Catbacks arent illegal its only modifications that directly bolt onto the motor

25 to life for underdriven's then? :p

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Under driven pulley. Slightly smaller than the originals, "supposed" to put less load on the engine and give more power.

nickb1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
Oh yeah fair enuf
I dnt know what the legality with underdrive is

backjansz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I'm not really looking for a loud exhaust. Just like the look of the quad tips. I was thinking of just putting a sv6 exhaust on instead of the ss on the berlina. That should be legal for a p plater?

SHFTVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
Just put whatever u want and If u picked up by a copper or EPA then change it lol that's what I would do and mines fairly loud

SHFTVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
I'm still yet to be picked up

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I'm not really looking for a loud exhaust. Just like the look of the quad tips. I was thinking of just putting a sv6 exhaust on instead of the ss on the berlina. That should be legal for a p plater?

Get an SS system if you want the quad tips. It'll be just a bit louder because the mufflers are a straight through design. You shouldn't have a problem with it being illegal. Most people probably wouldn't even notice that you've got 2 mufflers instead of 1.

backjansz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Cheers guys, I'm sure i would get away from the cops, Its just that if I'm in a crash the insurance company would turn around and go "Oh sorry you have done an engine mod so no moneys for you!" lol