Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

p plater driving with legs out window

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Anyone else think its a bit hypocritical there the photograph was taken from a speeding vehicle and by the angle of the shot probably by the driver. Instead of one dangerous motorist there were two.

probably a dash cam

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
as i said before: the VeeDubs have automtic braking. infrared sesors in the front detect objects and brake for you. i also noticed there appears to be two spare lanes to the left un-occupied, so really, again:

whats the big deal?
I believe the EPA were more upset with the foot odor coming out the window. Seriously though if something happened and this dipstick lost control and crashed into someone killing them would it still be no big deal driving with his feet out the window, why chance it in the first place? If you want to relax then either let a mate drive you or catch a taxi, driving a vehicle requires hands and feet to control it not relying on fancy electronic gizmos to do the work for you

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I believe the EPA were more upset with the foot odor coming out the window. Seriously though if something happened and this dipstick lost control and crashed into someone killing them would it still be no big deal driving with his feet out the window, why chance it in the first place? If you want to relax then either let a mate drive you or catch a taxi, driving a vehicle requires hands and feet to control it not relying on fancy electronic gizmos to do the work for you

Anyone can lose control of a car and kill people. Why risk letting people drive?

Everything we do is a risk, if we start throwing that line around you may as well sit in your padded cave and never move.

He didnt kill anyone and like I said earlier I highly doubt its his legs anyway. You can see him through the back window, his leaning towards his door so unless this guy is a contortionist it would be difficult for him to stick his legs out of the window. Its far more likely its his passenger that you can also clearly see. Stupid yes, but meh. Ive had girls in my car before with their feet up on the dash/out their window (they werent in the back seat).

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Anyone can lose control of a car and kill people. Why risk letting people drive?

Everything we do is a risk, if we start throwing that line around you may as well sit in your padded cave and never move.

He didnt kill anyone and like I said earlier I highly doubt its his legs anyway. You can see him through the back window, his leaning towards his door so unless this guy is a contortionist it would be difficult for him to stick his legs out of the window. Its far more likely its his passenger that you can also clearly see. Stupid yes, but meh. Ive had girls in my car before with their feet up on the dash/out their window (they werent in the back seat).

Much easier to lose control when you drive like an idiot and take stupid risks, again why chance it? You don't get too many second chances in life and if you put others at risk then your an even bigger tool.
I looked at the pic again and his right knee is against the door, a bit hard for the passenger to do that as he would have to be sitting on his lap. Not hard to pull that pose off in your car if you put the seat back and bend your right leg as he has done.

fatboyvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 vr commodore
i would say its possible that there was 3 in the front. the guy does say the packed car. so its possible that there was 3 in the back 2 in the front and one lying across the 2 in the front with his feet out the window.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Lol this guys a copy cat hahha.

Mate got done for this at the start of the year going down easy link. Bhaghahah

MorganVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
I'm sure you do. If he attempts to use touch the cruise, he wont be holding the wheel with either hand. He'll be trying to adjust the cruise, get his legs out of the window and somewhere he can actually use them. Sure, all this can be done slowly and easily enough, given sufficient time ... but are you seriously saying nothing unforeseen ever happens? He blows a tyre or something while he is driving like that and it can only end in tragedy.
And who says he can't use his right hand? When i've sat in the car eating lunch ive put my legs out and had plenty of room. You're right anything is possible, and I might remind you I said it's not that bad, excessive speeding and drink driving i'd say are worse then this. **** can kill you everyday does that mean I should sit at home and eat the perfectly healthy meal everyday?

We're here for a good time, not a long time.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
And who says he can't use his right hand? When i've sat in the car eating lunch ive put my legs out and had plenty of room. You're right anything is possible, and I might remind you I said it's not that bad, excessive speeding and drink driving i'd say are worse then this. **** can kill you everyday does that mean I should sit at home and eat the perfectly healthy meal everyday?

We're here for a good time, not a long time.

Hes not sitting in the car eating lunch mate, he is driving down a highway at speed. He cant use his right hand (or the left...) on the cruise control because his legs are in the way, just look at the photo?

He can't reach the brakes, he has minimal control of the wheel and no ability to react quickly to anything that might happen. The VW is smart but its not invincible.

And you may be here for a good time, but I am running out of it, so I would prefer not to have it wasted by some tool in a VW who wants to risk his and possible innocent victims lives because he thinks tools are cool. A long time sounds much better to me. **** can kill you everyday but if you jump into the cesspool you have a much higher chance of drowning.

I'm astonished at how many of you think this is ok. As far as I am concerned, it should be an instant loss of license. Just totally stupid behaviour, the kind that kills people every day... and sadly its not usually just the tool who dies... if I was his passenger I would smash his face in as soon as I could get him to pull over.

Status
Not open for further replies.