Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P Platers and High Performance cars.....

P Platers

• Allowed High Perfomance Cars

Votes: 266 47.7%
  • Not Allowed High Performance Cars

Votes: 223 40.0%
  • Allowed them, but not allowed to drive/licence them

Votes: 50 9.0%
  • Im not a P plater, nor do I Care

Votes: 51 9.1%

• Total voters

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
ummm bro i hav someadvice get a 92 ford laser cos theyb r like as good as a v8 an way faster bro, an the chicks luv em aye . xo hope this helps

Yup as good as a V8 and faster when driving them off cliffs. About all they are good for :)

laser92

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
92laser
yea funny guys aye , the v8 wont even make it off the cliff the **** will run outa petrol . oi bro ive been street racing for like 2years an ive beatin like 8 ss bommodores an there revin al like 10 000 an im on like 2grand aye

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
I hate all the people that think p platers should not drive high performance vehicles... Simply because THEY are the ones that most likely ruined it for us. We do NOT want to learn from YOUR mistakes. Its BS that us responsible enthusiasts have to suffer from your ****.

Screw you all.

I think there should just be a required course to be completed such as the defensive driving course or something like that....

I don't want you driving high performance or overpowered vehicles because I'm sick of me and my colleagues pulling angry grizzly crying halfwits out of smashed up cars because they keep thinking they have reached the level of test pilot after a few cheap mods to their car or a few nights of need for speed.

I didn't drive like a halfwit growing up and didn't cream my pants when someone mentioned the word turbo, extractors, lowered and so on. So don't blame me.

And for those getting into a pissing contest over which car will kill you, true; any car can kill and like my work ambulance a 4 cylinder turbo diesel sprinter I can fang it too.
I've been drivingi lights and sirens for 13 years and I still have to learn every day behind the wheel.

The laws are like they are for a reason. Your well being. So suck it up. Do the right thing whether you are in a KH Laser or a fake VL 'Chaser' with 21 inch rims.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
yea funny guys aye , the v8 wont even make it off the cliff the **** will run outa petrol . oi bro ive been street racing for like 2years an ive beatin like 8 ss bommodores an there revin al like 10 000 an im on like 2grand aye

dont talk **** son.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Well said Stretcher Bearer but the message just don't sink in , only hope when they f@#$ up they only take out themselves and not harm those doing the right thing ........

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
Interesting to see most of the comments agree with the rule.

I agree P platers shouldnt be allowed to drive powerful cars, but i disagree with the term "powerful". Some of the new rules state "no work"... Which is just stupid.

A VR Commodore with an exhaust will sound nice, but still as slow as a wet week. So why should a P plater be banned from this car, but allowed to drive a MR2? (They are bloody quick, and being mid engine if you lose control your pretty much stuffed).

The reason why the law exists, is because without it you could have a dumbass cocky 18 year old jump into a 500bhp RWD v8 the day he gets his license, and then is a major risk to himself as well as all other road users.

While there are some young drivers here im sure could handle the power (and not be dumbasses) im sure they'll even agree they know some people who they wouldnt want on the road in a high powered v8.

The law accommodates the lowest common denominator....

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I voted no but i would say that some of the cars that are outlawed are not high powered and would be a problem if say your dad owns a standard XR6 Turbo!