Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P-Platers

Which city in Australia has the worst drivers?

• Adelaide

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • Perth

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Sydney

Votes: 44 42.3%

• Total voters

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
minux said:
Once you get used ot syndey driving it pwns melbourne. Melbourne drivers in my experiences are the worse

Depends.. In Sydney drivers have more skill I'd say.. But they're a bunch of inconsiderate tossers, on the whole.. Plus there's heaps more lack of indicating with their constant merging and people hogging two lanes..

The bad thing about Melbourne is that Melbournians can't drive in the rain. Traffic comes to a standstill when it drizzles.. I've noticed in Sydney and Canberra, rain doesn't affect things too much. In Melbourne everyone goes stupid..

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Shounak said:
Depends.. In Sydney drivers have more skill I'd say.. But they're a bunch of inconsiderate tossers, on the whole.. Plus there's heaps more lack of indicating with their constant merging and people hogging two lanes..

The bad thing about Melbourne is that Melbournians can't drive in the rain. Traffic comes to a standstill when it drizzles.. I've noticed in Sydney and Canberra, rain doesn't affect things too much. In Melbourne everyone goes stupid..

In Sydney you can predict what people will do, in melbourne, people are soooo unpredictable.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I should mention, im basig this on living in sydney for 4 years brisbane for 1 and melbourne rest. Brisbane people need ot learn how to merge :p Adelaide people are just hmmm different :p

MBS206

Reaction score
I'm a P-Plater. Im far from a perfect little angel behind the wheel. But when around other drivers, I drive sedately and to the road rules. Unfortunately, in a 3 day period, I had 2 full licenced drivers attempt to run me off the road. They just simply failed to do a blind spot check, and just started to move over. I'm just lucky I had quick reflexes to be able to move and brake at the same time.

wal

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive v6/vc commodores
still hoon at times

but pity p platers these days....or should i say police targets lol....let alone the cost of green slips and insurance for under 21s then car mods and maintanance and yes the fuel........roads cant handle the traffic and theres always going to be some one that dont look .....and 90percent arnt p platers::driving:

<HOLDEN>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL & VR commodore
Charg'd said:
i chose sydney cos i have just came back from there lol
Yes i do agree their!!

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
i am also a p plater and i believe we are branded with a certain image. just the other night i was driving home from the park with my girlfriend (there were hardly any cars on the road). i was driving down a main road with 2 lanes ( i was in the left) and i could see in my rear view mirror a VT commodore coming up behind me in the right hand lane ( i was in the left). he overtook me and pulled in front of me leaving about 2 metres between us, and suddenly slowed down very fast and turned left into a driveway. i proceeded to brake very fast but i had to swerve into the right hand lane without enough time to check my indicators. the main road was a 70km/ph zone and i was doing 70. i think if i had not swerved and ran straight into the back of him i would have totalled my car. i actually think that he did it on purpose to try and claim insurance off me. how would it look to the authorities? a p plater ramming someone from behind late on a saturday night? i do drive dangerously sometimes but i always make sure nobody is around, and if i do make a mistake the only person i can hurt is myself. but i believe it's all part of a learning experience to make yourself a better and more confident driver. i just had to say my say. cheers for reading

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Im sick of all you Melbournians comming to sydney and stuffing our traffic,
You can keep your silly idea of hook turns (turning right from the left lane)WTF!!!!! Yes i know you have trams, but pull in right lane to turn right and the left lane to turn left and go straight, why choke up the left lanes.
What i do like is in some places the road is divided in the same direction and gives you heaps of chicane practice,
Oh i love driving in Melbourne with NSW plates and ignoring the silly hook turns!!!! Cant wait to be pulled over and say i didn't know,"WHAT YOU TURN RIGHT FROM THE LEFT LANE".