Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pacemaker try ys or 4 into 1 headers

StevieP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SS 6L
one more thing lol, has anyone seen short 4 into 1's? i swear i saw them somewhere

*That should keep em busy :p*

Sureflow do them, also saw a set on Ebay for a good price, either way go 4 to 1s if you thinking about cam later on.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Stole it off LS1 lol :whistling

If the variables are consistant im surpirsed how well the stock extractors flowed agaisnt the rest!

Everyone i've been talking to about my extractor choice (outsie the forum) some say to go straight to 4 into 1's, while others say tri Y's.

Im building a car for daily street use not the 1/4 mile. My rev range is between idle and 3000rpm. So i want most of the power between idle and say 4000-4500rpm. I want a twin 3" system. with plans for a cam. From my info there isnt much in it between the tri Y's and 4 into 1's overall, Tri Y's have better low to mid power and torque and 4 into 1's better for high end power and torque. As i want more power down the lower RPM range the logical choice would be the tri y's. But how to they go with the twin 3"? And then a cam later.

Another thing is that i've heard running 4 into 1's with a lowered car can 1. scrape and 2. is illegal as they hang below the 100mm limit

one more thing lol, has anyone seen short 4 into 1's? i swear i saw them somewhere

*That should keep em busy :p*

Hey Banks... i've done a bit of reading on this topic and there is about a 50/50 split on what to go for. I just got some tri-y's put on along with hi-flow cats (already had cat back) and noticed a power increase... goes much better from down low and mid range, even up top. If it is just for street use go for tri-y's... however as stated by StevieP, go 4 into 1's if your doing a cam. And if it's a real lumpy cam 3" might suit it better than 2.5". If your not going to cam it stick with a 2.5".