Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parked like an idiot....

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
I almost always reverse into parking spots at the shops, 1. You're better off if someone hits you when driving out forward (reversing out of parking gives you practically no rights if an accident happens) 2. It's really quite easy to get it centered with reversing in.

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Love this thread. I don't get why people have so much trouble putting there car between 2 lines..

PHaSR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LUMINA
Great thread, im gonna have to start taking pics at work. people parked on corners of tight driveways despite yellow paint and no parking spraypainted there, some of the B-Double drivers we have would just drive over the corner of them or take their bumpers clean off. Harsh but fair.
and the truck company next door has replaced their own fence 3 times in the last year cos their drivers are totally useless or clapped out and they dont know they have just driven over concrete and HUGE log barriers.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I tend to notice alot of people who get frustrated with people taking time to get into a car spot. I'd be happy to wait a few minutes if the person was actually atempting to get it right.... even up to the point of them getting out of the car to double check. All it takes is one person in a row of spaces to f*ck it up big time and it"ll put every one else out. I hate parking next to someone who's obviously blown the driving instructor to get their license (be it male or female, both instructor and learner), because murphy's law basically means that they'll leave 5 minutes after I park and I'll be the one looking like a f*cktard for not parking correctly.

Tweetbix

Reaction score
Members Ride
Evo VI
Ive got a pick on my phone of a guy in a white liberty that decided to park in a laneway in a uni carpark. There was even an empty space behind him that he must have reversed into then back out into the laneway.
It was there when i arrived at 9am, and still there at 4pm when i left.
Ill try to put it up, but i took it from a bit of a distance

Found it
20120731_155912.jpg

The forester is pulling out of a parking spot into the little laneway so you get the idea.

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
Great thread, im gonna have to start taking pics at work. people parked on corners of tight driveways despite yellow paint and no parking spraypainted there, some of the B-Double drivers we have would just drive over the corner of them or take their bumpers clean off. Harsh but fair.
and the truck company next door has replaced their own fence 3 times in the last year cos their drivers are totally useless or clapped out and they dont know they have just driven over concrete and HUGE log barriers.
The place I worked at until recently had replaced iron sheeting on one of the warehouses on three or four occasions in the time I was there because of B-double drivers. Granted, the corner is very tight for a double but if hugged correctly other drivers had no trouble. I love the complete disregard by the offending drivers, as they barely shrug before continuing on to their next job.

benny_bones

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY Series 2 Wagon
This guy. There's 2 other spots but nah park in front of the door
huda9any.jpg