Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parking sensor always is off when I start the car?

ShinWow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV 6.2L Manual
Yeah, I think the sensors don't automatically activate when driving forward (even at a low speed) because otherwise you'd be sitting in traffic and the sensors would start going off at the car in front/behind you. It knows, when you put it in reverse, that you're doing parking/tight manoeuvring and to automatically enable.

SSV 407

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
You need to switch the sensor back on once you go over 15km/h. I think the sensors only come on once you put the car into gear when you start the engine.
I will give it a go, next time I drive it. Thank you :)

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I will give it a go, next time I drive it. Thank you :)
Hey SSV407, I'm guessing you have the 407 pack on your beast, any chance of posting a video of the idle and sound?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V v6 S1
Yeah, I think the sensors don't automatically activate when driving forward (even at a low speed) because otherwise you'd be sitting in traffic and the sensors would start going off at the car in front/behind you. It knows, when you put it in reverse, that you're doing parking/tight manoeuvring and to automatically enable.
This is the first car I have that does this. Sensors should work when you want them. As I'm driving in the garage I want them on. My wife's lexus works, here previous Nissan Murano works. Many others do the same.
Sensors are not just for reverse parking

SSV 407

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Hey SSV407, I'm guessing you have the 407 pack on your beast, any chance of posting a video of the idle and sound?
I would love to.......But I haven't had it done yet. (bugger) I will be happy to post it up when it's done. Only has 280km on it after 3 weeks.

mitchy_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Senator SV08
This is the first car I have that does this. Sensors should work when you want them. As I'm driving in the garage I want them on. My wife's lexus works, here previous Nissan Murano works. Many others do the same.
Sensors are not just for reverse parking

they do operate when you want them to. when you want them to work, you press the button...

how do the lexas/nissan sensors work? i cant imagine they can tell the difference between a garage and bumper to bumper traffic, so what activates them?
unless they are always on, but have a very short distance.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I would love to.......But I haven't had it done yet. (bugger) I will be happy to post it up when it's done. Only has 280km on it after 3 weeks.
Cheers!

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
they do operate when you want them to. when you want them to work, you press the button...

how do the lexas/nissan sensors work? i cant imagine they can tell the difference between a garage and bumper to bumper traffic, so what activates them?
unless they are always on, but have a very short distance.

My Mazda 6 front parking sensors are always on by default. It is rarely a problem in traffic as they only engage when you are very close to an object. If a driver feels the need to be so far up the arse of the car in front of them in traffic, you can elect to disable the front sensors with a large button on the dashboard. The default on and turn off if not required, is infinitely more useful then the setup on my Redline.